Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

R.I.P My VT :(

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Hard luck, hope it turns out for the best, had similar situation with an oil patch....

Lotsa nice cars on the market at the moment too ;)

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
this happened to me too.. i saw a vr/vs wagon all smashed n i was wondering why it happened.. i drove abit more down the road "stoped" then turned right to a main road and there was oil everywhere i slidd but controled it :D, that explained the vr

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
**** me that's so ****ed hope it all works out for you the roads up here are so bad after the dust storm and that stint of hot weather there have been some big acco's around keep as up to date with what's going on

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
seems to me that there's a lot of oil on the road these days... :whistling

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
probley from hyundai excels that blown up during cruises ;D

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score
Drive to conditions people, pure and simple.

YES, a Commodore without ESP can be light in the tail, so can older Porsche 911's etc, - you compensate.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Mate if you had any idea of what the road was like and the condition you would no one could of gotten out of the slide. Almost every car that was stopped then tried to take off was spinning the wheels trying to get some kind of traction. The Car is now back here and I will be stripping it for parts. There is a Statesmen next door that has just had the motor ceased up, so i might take the gearbox and motor out of the VT and put it into the Statesmen.

Keepleft why did you have to make a stupid comment like you did. I was the only one hurt and damaged. No one else was. I agree with FAT.36L you are a wanker!

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Yeah well HWP didn't attend. I wasn't hurt badly, I was the only one involved and I'm not that stupid to have the cops called just because i totaled my car. You are right I' am always responsible as the driver, but when you car hits an oil spot in the wet then there is nothing you can do once it goes into that slide, not in the narrow street i was in anyways!

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Drive to conditions people, pure and simple.

YES, a Commodore without ESP can be light in the tail, so can older Porsche 911's etc, - you compensate.

I understand where you are coming from however its not the rain on the roads rather the oil that caused an accident.

Ask yourself one exceedingly SIMPLE question: HOW MANY other drivers of the same make 'made it', without crashing?? Then consider my statement.

I love it how people can say "well no one else hit the oil" maybe because people take a different position on the roads with their vehicle especially when entering corners, The fact that you hit it firstand dispersed the oil slick or simply just sheer bloody luck (be it good or bad)

OP soldier, you are not meant to take offence, but understand this, REGARDLESS of on-road conditions, at l.a.w - you ARE always responsible for your actions. Crashes don't just 'happen', if HWP attend, then usually a Neg Drive fine will result.

Neg driving charges for single person accidents are generally bullcrap and nothing but revenue raising.

You can be the best driver in the world and have situations that are out of your control but unless you can prove it was the fault of another party (RTA or another driver) it is negligent driving..... how is that not just revenue raising?