Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

radio on/off by ignition

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
09 sv6 sedan
OK I was mucking around with the on board computer system the other day - why you may ask??(rear passenger side door doesnt unlock on one press of the key) but thats another story and not my problem now.

Ive mucked up my radio, i had it perfectly set to come on with ignition and go off with ignition off/driver door open....now I have to manually turn it on and off and Ive already left it on once after parking the car - not in the habit of turning it off manually.

How can I get it back to how I had it originally?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I think theres a setting for how long accessory power stays on after the key is removed. Could be wrong.

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah the way it was before - I could shut the ignition off completely, it wasnt until the drivers door was opened that the radio went off

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
go into customize settings when you first turn ignition on and change it there

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Its doing my head in.
I think Ive got it set right, radio off when door opens, then the next trip it stays on....now Ive ####ed it so the dash lights are staying on, mucked around in the computer and managed to have them go off when I turned ignition off....wondering whats in store when I get to work tomorrow

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I'm very interested in this, exactly what setting are you playing with? and where can it be found?
Cheers

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I'm very interested in this, exactly what setting are you playing with? and where can it be found?
Cheers
Cant recall now....was something in ''customize options'' or whatever is called....anyway I tried 'reset to default' and that just stuffed me right up for a while.

Typically though the bitch has fixed itself.....after a good flogging.

Alls good

BlueSteele

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SSV Sportswagon
I have the same problem now...since I put in aftermarket gauges, about 2 weeks after the radio would stay on sporadically when opening door, then i'd close door, re-open and it would go off...now it just stays on. I have no idea what wiring we could of stuffed with to cause this

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
Huh? I have had a look in mine and cannot find anywhere where you can change the radio settings along with the ignitioon and door. Having an amp on the fronts when i turn off my ignition the fronts go off but the rears dont. I'd rather the whole head unit shut down with the key, not the door.

Last edited:

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Huh? I have had a look in minbe and cannot anywhere where you can change the radio settings along with the ignitioon and door. Having an amp on the fronts when i turn off my ignition the fronts go off but the rears dont. I'd rather the whole head unit shut down with the key, not the door.
No you cant....I now know this....you can change radio settings with the 'help' button on the sound system....but didnt know that initially and how all my problems in life began