Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rain leaks into VS passenger footwell

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
I bought a VS 2000 ute 6 months ago.
I have noticed that if there was heavy rain overnight, in the morning I find the passenger side carpet is wet.
Water seems to be dripping down behind the glovebox. To me, could be something rusted. But this vehicle has no
rust in doors, wheel arches, rocker panels or anywhere. Other possibility is that it gets in through ventilation intake.
Seems to happen mostly if car was parked on a slope with nose up.
I know that pulling the dashboard out to look is time consuming. Any suggestions what else to check?

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
Since the original post, I found in another forum that where the aircon pipes go into the cabin is another possibility. The previous owner gave me all the receipts and I see that the pipes were replaced.
I will have a look to see if the grommet was damaged or not seated properly.

v8_lad

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 355 stato, vr exec, vs calais
easy fix bro under the bonnet behind each strut is a hole so any water that runs off the windscreen can go strait down onto the tyre and exit the vehicle. this hole has a mesh to stop large objects. old car probably full of leaves n dirt which is making the water pool in the lil wells rather then exiting under the guards....