Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Raise idle on ls1 to hide lumpy cam??? (Yellow stickered)

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
like immortality mentioned the tune will try is best to keep it at the commanded idle speed so any small adjustments won't work, u will have to change it in the tune easy or mechanically change it to the extent the ecu can't make it go lower...

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
being vz is it cable or etc...?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Stickered for exhaust, do U mean too loud, or too low?

Too loud, change exhaust
Too low, U won't need the car running

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
IAC will negate any temporary adjustment you make unless you disable it somehow.

That's where the feeler gauge will help. The iac isn't active when throttle position is greater than 0% (so I read on another forum r.e. Setting up lpg systems. The iac doesn't let you adjust the idle mixtures properly if it's letting more air/gas in)

I assume this applies in this example too? :)

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
you do realise thats an insta-fail.... right?

He says in the same post he has a different exhaust to go on it too so it wont be dumped at the diff when it goes in.
I reckon with fully stock exhaust, standard extractors back, it might not be too loud and might not get as much attention. Stock airbox and thick paper filter might help too if you have a big OTR.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That's where the feeler gauge will help. The iac isn't active when throttle position is greater than 0% (so I read on another forum r.e. Setting up lpg systems. The iac doesn't let you adjust the idle mixtures properly if it's letting more air/gas in)

I assume this applies in this example too? :)

The IAC is moving all the time. Once the engine is under load it opens up somewhat. You'll note that when you slow down or take your foot of the gas the engine never drops down to the standard stationary vehicle idle speed. This is because the IAC is open further. Once stationary (or close to it) the vehicle goes into idle mode and the the IAC brings the idle right down. If the IAC stayed at it's idle speed setting a sudden closure of the throttle could very well stall the engine.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
OP be sure to post a video of your high idling lumpy cam with stock exhaust when ready for inspection... a guy with exactly your predicament posted same about 18months ago and kept it on. He was really pleased, thought it was grouse, copped quite a bit for the unusual muted irregular sound from some members as to be expected.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
hence why hes been yellow stickered lol

NO - the yellow sticker (DEFECT - UNROADWORTHY VEHICLE) was for DEFICIENT tyres and a NON COMPLIANT (non standard) exhaust - at least that's how I read it.

bozodos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 MY06
cam shouldn't matter - just put a V6 exhaust on it, from what I've seen anyway. You'll need to refit your airflow meter if it's unplugged and revert your intake if you have an OTR (not sure whether OTR + AFM still counts as having an 'exposed' filter).