Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

range for camber and toe on live axle?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Only other thing that might cause an ornomally could be worn bushes or bent trailing arms.
you make up some **** about this post as irrelevant, as the OP was asking about rears. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
This is what I don't get why you you posted. This post does not make sense from the point i was making. Considering I was talking about rears.

From my interperation of the original post, the Op went for an alignment due to worn front tyres and was querying why rear settings were on the alignment report, when he only needed a front wheel alignment.

As for abnormal wear patterns on rear tyres, with this sort of axle set up, yes I agree with you in some of the probable causes, but the Op didn't have abnormal wear on his rears, from my interpertation of the original query

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
No he didn't and the point i was making was that the rear rarely has issues unless, you have badly flogged out bushes and or bent trailing arms. That was all i said, i was merely making a comment.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
you make up some **** about this post as irrelevant, as the OP was asking about rears. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Yep, I make up some **** about his posting.....

From my understanding, this is why he got the alignment

I took my ute to a major tyre chain, as one of the front tyres was worn unevenly, and got a wheel alignment

Have a read of what he quoted about rears....

The report listed the rear wheels. I asked them what was the point? Bloke said to check for damage and wear.
So anyway, it stated rear camber -10 minutes and toe +0.2 mm each side. I presume that is reasonable for a 20YO workhorse

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Isn't this thread just going round in circles ?? as it seems to be a no win situation.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
there-be-a-****-storm-a-brewin.jpg

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Isn't this thread just going round in circles ?? as it seems to be a no win situation.

Nothing to be won here, but the simple fact is:
One bloke has done the job for a living for some time, and he actually knows what the f#ck he's on about
The other bloke.....No comment

Last edited: