Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rapid Exhaust J-pipe

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
For what its worth, I installed the older version of the Rapid J pipe system on my redline today. So far extremely happy with it. Makes the requisite v8 noise and crackle on gears down. Experienced next to no drone when I took the car out for a flog on the New England Highway. I even sat in the back for a bit to experience it myself.
If your looking for a simple rumble improvement then I recommend. Value is great. Noticable improvement on start, cruising and of course when ya chomp it.

Big shootout to the guys at Rapid. Quality workmanship and a good product for its price.

I took a few vids but it was a windy day and they dont do the real life noise experience any justice due to the wind noise so I wont bother posting them.

For price... very happy.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
+1

For the outlay it's a great mod to get a decent sound out of the exhaust. Takes 15 minutes to swap over with a spanner. Can't go wrong!

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I had their J pipes on my redline for few days - I did get drone at certain engine revs that was too loud, especially going up a long hill on a freeway .. in the end I spoke to Rapid and they agreed to modify the j-pipes to their marriage saver ones (which are j pipes with mods) .. very happy with the marriage savers, not as noisy as the j-pipes with no drone .. really happy with the service from Rapid, they stick by their customers!

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I thought long and hard between the 2 versions.
Opted to take a punt on more noise and what would hopefully be tolerable drone. Thankfully turned out to be good choice for me.

I might do a run down the F3, see what its like on those long hills down near the Hawkesbury.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
I had their J pipes on my redline for few days - I did get drone at certain engine revs that was too loud, especially going up a long hill on a freeway .. in the end I spoke to Rapid and they agreed to modify the j-pipes to their marriage saver ones (which are j pipes with mods) .. very happy with the marriage savers, not as noisy as the j-pipes with no drone .. really happy with the service from Rapid, they stick by their customers!

+1 for his service, I bought some ages ago for the stock Catback and they leaked through thr crappy socket joint. He refunded me straight away, I'm keen to get a set and fit them to my difillipo exhaust to see if they help stem some drone.

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
sounds like a good mod. I had a catback on mine for 2 days and it drone like CRAZY! ended up putting my stock back and happy since then.

Jpw23456

Reaction score
Members Ride
Na
if i contected the marriage savers to my stock exhaust would i get the nice crackle sound??

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
The Rapid Exhaust facebook page has videos of a blue VE wagon fitted with both, you can watch them to gauge for yaself the difference between the 2 variants.

cassgazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline
if i contected the marriage savers to my stock exhaust would i get the nice crackle sound??

I have fitted them to my Redline. The sound it gives is awesome.
The only problem is that it drones when AFM kicks in. This was the reason I got the Marriage Savers, was to avoid the drone.

Awaiting a response from Rapid Exhaust.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Any of you guys got sound clips of these things? Just interested to hear what an axle back mod would sound like on these cars.