Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rapid Exhaust - Marriage Savers

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
How much do these things cost ? interested in getting a set when my SSV gets here!

They are about $500 compared to the $300 for the standard J pipes. Just get the J pipes if you are getting a manual, the drone is minimal, I like them.

cassgazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline
How much are they?
My Redline also has the clamp style fitment, are these as easy to replace as the bolt on type?

$520, either from eBay, or direct through Rapid Exhaust.
So easy to remove & replace with the clamp joint.

cassgazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline
Are the tips the same size as stock?

Tips are larger than the stock mufflers, and fill the cut out in the bumper a bit better, and stick out slightly further. Looks so much nicer.

Wh4l3s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8
I reckon this is what im after. An exhaust with a little more note. I used to have a XR6 with full exhaust was quiet cruising and roars over 2500RPM more noise then my calias V8 now.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I should do this when my wife's OS next time (it's really her car not mine), she'd probably never notice ... it needs some exhaust note.
It's getting close to 1000km on the clock now, and this morning I thought as she drove out of the garage that the exhaust was starting to develop some burble; but then when I opened the door I realised it was just the bass notes from the song on the radio. D'OH!

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
The OPs original mufflers you replaced are manual ones?

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Oh ok they look like manual ones from my phone. What is the sound like on the j pipes cruising at 110 in 4cyl mode?

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Oh ok they look like manual ones from my phone. What is the sound like on the j pipes cruising at 110 in 4cyl mode?

I have Marriage savers and my SSV makes a low frequency noise that sounds like "BBUUURRRRR" in 4 cylinder mode- you can hear and feel when AFM cuts in/out. At first, its really noticeable as the car is really quite inside with standard exhaust - its no-where near as bad as it is with the J-pipes - I had these fitted initially but couldn't live with the really loud drone when AFM cuts in going up a long hill, the whole cabin would resonate and was uncomfortable, so the guys at Rapid converted them to Marriage savers for me - Marriage savers cut this resonating noise back to almost nothing, but there is still some drone. Having said that, the wife and grand daughter didn't complain once driving from Sydney-Canberra- Sydney - I think as the driver you hear and feel more than passengers if that makes sense?

BeerOps

Reaction score
Members Ride
In the market
Just ordered mine today.
Any installation tips?
Can't wait for a better v8 sound