Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Raptor blown VX RAP-20R

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
love the supercharger whine mate, and the new daily ;)

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
Thanks bpottz,

It's a working progress. I would love more time to work on it though :)

hail storm

Reaction score
Bolt the Raptor onto the Beep Beep Barina.Be shame to see the pump sitting there doing nothing for a while!lol

pp

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
lol,

I thought about that ;) I will be much happier to get the the beast back on the road better than ever. If I put the charger on the barina I might be converted and never get the VX finished :p

Been talking to a mate in the car club and he has recommended a guy in Sydney that does brilliant custom tunes and has even done a heap of SC cars to his name (some have won titles for fastest cars in their class). I can't mention his name at this stage but if the end result is as good as I have been told I will promote him along with the Raptor kit. Watch this space, big things will be happening over the next 3 months with PICS of the progress :D

abbotFMX

ƆħȇȇƦ ↑ ἑ(\/)Ø ₭ị₫
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VU GTX Commodore
Bloody awesome rig mate.
i love that S/C sound.
Im just wandering about the price of the bolt on kit aswell.
cheers

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
Tim from Raptor advised that the VX stage 1 kit is $5300.00 RRP but go to his website raptorsc.com.au and you will find all the kits and prices as he can also customise this to your individual needs.

Kit includes charger, polished piping and brackets, 36lb injectors, the Chiptorque modified ECU (makes it re-flashable) and Iridium spark plugs along with a heap of other required bits. Best part though is the ongoing support from Tim and business contacts/partners.

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
Bit of an update,

The ride is now officially into stage 2 of the rebuild. Woohoo!

First up is a freshen up with high ratio roller rockers, valve springs, pushrods, lifters and I am doing the oil pump for good measure.

Next is the Raptor intercooler kit with the purchase of the smaller pulley. I will then be getting the auto rebuilt and a trans cooler fitted. Custom tune including the auto shift points reconfigured and the rev limiter raised a bit.

Will keep you posted with the updates and lots of pics.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Doing the springs and rockers etc is very smart move! Those springs will be soon proving their worth. What brand springs and part number you going with bud?

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
To be totally honest I was set on going with the Yella Terra 1.95 RR's and their 110lbs valve springs but I am just as happy to give the MACE product a go. as it more cost effective. I really am not one to worry about a motor blowing up as they are cheap as chips, I would like to give the MACE products a good wrap if they do the job well. I will get the part no.'s and post them for you.

Kit includes 1.98 Rockers, pushrods and valve springs for well under a grand. The Yella terra kit doesn't come with the valve springs.

Last edited:

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
small update,

Oil pressure is good in the motor but I am now pretty certain it is a stuffed lifter. The tapping is only coming from one part of the valvetrain. It is not evident until you give the car a little bit of what for then it will tap at about 100+ km/h. As soon as you get below that the tapping dissapears within a minute or two of driving.