Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rarest Holdens, special editions etc

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I thought I saw a Kia Stinger in the supermarket carpark this morning, but it was an FWD Optima, roughly same shape/size.
Got me thinking, I have seen as many Stingers as ZB Opeldores ………….. zilch. The nearest Holden dealer is also a Kia dealer, may have to stickybeak one day.
I see 'classic' Kingswoods, Toranas and Commodores around this area every weekend.
Therefore the ZB would have to be one of the rarest Holdens.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I see 'classic' Kingswoods, Toranas and Commodores around this area every weekend.
Therefore the ZB would have to be one of the rarest Holdens.

Maybe Holden should have called the ZB Commodore a ZB Sunbird, since the new ZB is basically a repeat of the past failure, like the UC was..... They even have the same make of engine.... So why not??

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Maybe Holden should have called the ZB Commodore a ZB Sunbird, since the new ZB is basically a repeat of the past failure, like the UC was..... They even have the same make of engine.... So why not??
the UC actually wasn't a failure as such, it was nice to drive (had RTS and 4 wheel discs as an option), well built (& the no V8 not a biggie imo)
but
when matched against the larger better just introduced Commodore...with only a very small price premium with the Commodore
GMH (intentionally or maybe not) killed off the UC. Some still argue this to this day...

This is a problem GMH (also Holden) have... they have no idea about having a product range!
they hang their hat and mortgage the farm on only one product/model. Might have worked with the
Holden car range (especially when you have 50% of the market) but GMH had competition in the 70s on.

They had a range... Gemini, Torana, Commodore, Holden and killed off 3 to stay with the Commodore
ending up being known as the 'Commodore car' company. And putting all their eggs in one basket
in the Commodore .. sees us where we are today

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
the UC actually wasn't a failure as such, it was nice to drive (had RTS and 4 wheel discs as an option), well built
I had a UC and a Torana the UC drove no better than my real Torana LX which IMHO ended there. The only saving grace with the UC (Opel) was it was damn cheap on fuel. Way better than the Starfire engines some later UC's had. I think the biggest letdown with the UC was the lights front and back they looked awful.

Wayno73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS
How about a VN 'S' Wagon? From memory I think these were only made on '90 or '91.

Rodders26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anniversary, VF Motorsport Edition.
Don't forget the 60th Anniversary Commodore. Only built in 2008 to celebrate 60 years of Holden car manufacturing in Australia. They're the last of the Australian built Anniversary Holden's. Don't know how many were built.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Don't forget the 60th Anniversary Commodore. Only built in 2008 to celebrate 60 years of Holden car manufacturing in Australia. They're the last of the Australian built Anniversary Holden's. Don't know how many were built.
Thousands upon thousands of them.