Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ratio Rockers or Cam for L67 ??

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
bandsaw said:
VS Calais I would say your best option would be just a cam, once you put the right cam in place there will be no need for rockers.
So mate don't be like a Skippi and waste your money on **** you dont need. The L67 engines do run a little bit of overlap with their standard cams in order of obtaining a slight
EGR efect to lower combustion temps for lower nox gasses out the tail pipe thus loosing some dynamic boost preasure.
A custom ground cam will eliminate all that and your engine will be pumpin.

Saw.
Thanks saw , will be looking into cam install and even some YT rockers, gotta work out which cam so i can order the rockers :bang:

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I've been doing some research on other American sites to see what they've been fitting... it seem the VS cam is a popular choice as you can run it with the stock springs, stock timing chain and tensioner... it is only a mild cam but packs a punch !

Next on the list is the XP Hot grind...this also can be run with stock heads but you'll need upgraded valve springs (105#) which introduces issues such as increased cam chain tensioner wear... I've seen pictures of a brand new cam chain tensioner used with this cam and a stock chain after 20,000 Km and it looked knackered.... the owner wasn't worried cause he was just replacing them as he prefered to keep the original balance shaft operating.

It's a pickle cause if you go for that cam or anything wilder you risk detroying the tensioner and most probably the motor aswell as pieces of it jam up the oil ways. There's no option but to remove the balance shaft and fit a dual row timing chain... but then you'll need to get the whole motor rebuild and balanced to perfection if you want it to last.

Personally I'd look at getting extractors first if you havent done so... then a modular pulley system with a smaller pulley of 3.5 inches... then pick the VS cam... and then play around with smaller pulleys while having it tuned to suit...maybe whack a Y/T intercooler in there to get the smallest pulley size to suit... and also increase the cooling capacity of the motor cause the cam and pulley are gonna heat it up... the extractors will help keep it cool that's why they would be my first mod.

Last edited: