Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RB30 leaking sump

Decksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S, VZ Adentura, JH II Cruze, VL Wag ned2sell
Hi guys
Have a VL RB30 and its leaking oil out the back of the sump (very annoying) coz the distributor got wet and made the engine misfire and upset the sump engine twist, tried just nipping the bolts up but had no effect thinking of replacing the seal any 1 done this with the motor in?? And has any1 else had this problem?? What did they do??

Regards

Decksta

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
motor in? not posible i was goign to change mine coz i have a massive dent in mine but found out the suspension has to be droped to get clearance over the cross member or engine lifted to get the clearance,

engine twisting are u sure??? i have neva heard of this happening, mine use to leak and i thought it was the sump but i found out it was really my oil pressure sensor was feck and the seal let oil shoot out.

Decksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah it was missing heaps to the point where i was doing 100kmh and would die to a stop so out come the wd40 till i got into town and i could buy a new 1. twisting/shaking, i will check my pressure sensor as it was coming from the right side lol i just got under and saw it at the back of the sump and assumed i hope it is the oil sensor easy :)

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
Decksta said:
Yeah it was missing heaps to the point where i was doing 100kmh and would die to a stop so out come the wd40 till i got into town and i could buy a new 1. twisting/shaking, i will check my pressure sensor as it was coming from the right side lol i just got under and saw it at the back of the sump and assumed i hope it is the oil sensor easy :)
yah mine was like that, oil on one side and clean the other, and the gearbox and rear of the sump was coverd coz when i was driving it was sprayed back onto the box and sump,

good luck with it and hope its only the sensor, keep us up dated on it

Decksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Are Wishfull thinking not the oil sender its the sump looks like i will have to drop the suspension put a new gasket in the sump :(

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
clean off the oil to see where its leaking from, may be the rear crankshaft oilseal

Decksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Na its out the back of the sump coz its not coming from inside the bell houseing no clutch shadder

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
While you've got the engine out/half out maybe change the cam seals etc just so you arent going to all that trouble again any time soon

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
you may want to think of what caused the problem other than twistign from a misfire, because thats not going to happen unless you have a load of torque and power and im talking ALOT. If the block is twisted a new sump seal wont fix the problem for good, it'll come back. A tip, if you wash your engine bay put a bag over the dizzy.

Decksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
it just upset it not that hard to do a little knock from a big stone is enough to cut the seal and leak you got do them up real light so it doesnt take much

dont know what im gonna do i got a qoute for about 350 to do thats a lot so might have to go about doing it myself

Yeah nice tip too late now lol thanks