Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rb30e to Rb30et (Highcomp)

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
VLT injectors u can pick up for approx $200 ebay
umm the nistune im not quite sure on Nackerz will help out here hopefully he got it done.
Best spot man wherever it fits nice after the cooler. like where shauns is, there u dont have to extend the AFM wiring harness
Mine is B4 cooler as this is where the provision was when i got the piping off ebay. But making it run rich.. when i can be bothered i will move mine :p

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
86 VL Turbo SL soon to be canary yellow bt1 mock
Yer good part is nackers is helping me with the whole setup installation so hopefully we can get it all running sweet.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
hey mate yeah i was running a jatco auto,3000stall with gtr injectors.although at 10 psi im 90% sure if i had vlt injectors it stil would have made the same

.....196rwkw on 10 psi auto and made 650nm of tourqe

my turbo specs are....

- T3/4 Highflow Turbo
- T04 .06 Comp Cover
- T04 H –Trim 58mm Front Wheel
- Sierra Cosworth Exhaust Wheel
- Modified VLT Exhaust Housing

if your going to go for a cam i recomend the wade cam range and 90% of people on ct.com will agree.
i have a reco head with a wade 818b 1062c cam shaft in it if your interested.head is 500kms old.im selling up all my frive line.

use a mls gasket dont use copper unles you "O''ring your block.if you do use a copper gasket one is enough you can buy them up to 1.6mm i think

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
my cooler

frontmount.jpg

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
f**k yer that cooler looks saweet.

Yer eventually i want to get the T3 highflowed but for now i will try it out on 10psi when i get all the kit together.
Might try to find a t3 highflow already.

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok i just need your opinions please.

i have bought a t3/T4 turbo oil cooled only external ball bearing turbo and vlt injector rail and injectors and a vl oil line.

I am planning on still going with a low mount manifold and i will use the standard ecu until i can get a proper one (apparently streetcommo's editor who owns (yehryt) made 230rwhp or 300rwhp on a standard ecu and injectors.

So other then the above parts i plan on getting a 600x300x75 intercooler with 2.5 piping i want the wow factor and you cant have a vlt and not show off a big front mount and i also found out i can legally have a turbo on it and only apply with vicroads for a update on there system since the vl range came out turbo as long as i dont have a bov or any illigal mods cops cant touch me but im sure they can get you if they really try : (

My questions now are.

does anyone have pics or know which bungs are for oil feed and oil return and water feed and return ?
Will i need a VLT fuel reg is it true that there better?
Will i need a 12:1 FMU ?
VLT and N/A fuel pumps are the same ? so will i need a bigger fuel pump for 10 - 12psi ?
And with the dump pipe will i need a custom one made since the turbo is external and do i need to heat wrap the dump pipe ?
And will i still be able to dose with a external gated turbo and do i need to plum up a waste gate ?

Sorry for all the questions but i just need your help guys.

Thanks

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
1. Oil drain down the bottom, oil feed in top center and water feed on the top right sand side. Wayer return gets plumned into heater hose.
2. Get a rising rate fuel reg
3. 12.1 fmu???
4. No
5. No
6.yes
7. No screamer pipe for the win

And u will get in **** off the cops for being intercooled, have bigger turbo and a external wastegate. The joys of vl turbos

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Here Bloke

Dose is just the pressure from the turbo (boost) getting shut off at the throttle plate when u let off the throttle so the excess builup comes back out the front of your turbo(Turbo Flutter) different size pipes changes the pitch of the Dose man.
I have a 3" inlet on the turbo with a panel filter and is a loud,nice flutter. Ha
turbolines.jpg

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
So with regards to the turbo do i have to get a custom exhaust manifold or can i still use the standard vlt one.

And what sort off setup should i do for the wastegate ? and dump pipe.

And i dont want a scream pipe.

thanks.