Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rda Slotted Disc Brakes

Umai Naa!!

R.I.P APY-88V :(
Reaction score
Website
www.aus12.org
Members Ride
VR S1 Exec. A4 3.8L
If they're noisey, it means they're working ;)

I've had good experiances with DBA in the past. As mentioned earlier, avoid cross-drilled ones. Great for that extra wank-factor, but they're the noisiest, and are extremely prone to cracking.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i have the premium brake on my VX R8 that are crossdrilled and they stop the thing so much better and no brake fade.
mine have a slight intermitent squeal towards the end of my braking under 10km/hr but thats because pads are slightly glazed due to previous owner not bedding them in properly.

at the end of the day the cross drilled ones you hear cracking are the cheap ones...a good set will be fine.

but if your upgrading brakes on a VT V6 then slotted is more than enough.
they will make more noise than the standard and a good set of pads will make more dust than standard but its the things you have to put up with for better stopping power.

mine rims dont last a week of normal driving with all the brake dust but i rather clean my rims more often and stop better than have minimal dust and find it harder to pull the car up

6 SLEEPER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.8 L
i have curved slotted rotors on my vt front and back 100% better than stockys and no noise at all curved ones have a bigger surface erea as you can see in the pic they look good to zinc coated

Attachments

• 8e_1.jpg
    8e_1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 862

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
Are these the ones of ebay :) :) :) :)