Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Real world SS fuel consumption

rayman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sportwagon
16L/100km avg 60km/h Town/Highway

9.5-10L/100km avg ~90km/h Long trip

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Redline is now at 12L/100km. Combined highway and town driving. With the odd chomp on the gas here and there. :)

Using Vortex 98 only.

2014SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Storm Ute
I found the bigger the consumption number per tank... the bigger the smile had been.
waaa I just love my Holden V8s and wow I reckon they have done a great improving inside since my last one (a VY SS ute). The VF is just so sexy inside but back to consumption...focus on the smile factor not the litres being sucked from the tank.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
I've repeated this in many-a-thread before, but I will say it again, don't rely on the trip computer for your information. Actually calculate it yourself from the L's you put in and the K's you drive.

My trip computer says I use 13.7 on average, but the actual average is 11.7L per 100km. I also use an app called Road Trip to keep an eye on it.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
I've repeated this in many-a-thread before, but I will say it again, don't rely on the trip computer for your information. Actually calculate it yourself from the L's you put in and the K's you drive.

My trip computer says I use 13.7 on average, but the actual average is 11.7L per 100km. I also use an app called Road Trip to keep an eye on it.

I have seen as low as 375ks to 603ks to a tank. Worse was E85 around town 33L per 100km. But it was so crisp and perky I couldn't help myself...............

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
I did an 800km trip yesterday towing a trailer and my fuel consumption was 15.7L per 100km - on LPG. That was worked out by the actual fuel used and Kms driven, not the cars trip computer which tells me that I used 13.4L/100km.

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
i found towing my empty 7x4 trailer made my fuel consumption go up from 10 to 14L/100 didnt think it would affect a v8 so much

also noticed my trip computer said i done 18L/100 (reset at fillup) and yet actual fuel used n km's was showing 16.4L/100

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Just about to get off the P plates and suddenly your driving skills have increase so much that you need a lot more power?

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Just about to get off the P plates and suddenly your driving skills have increase so much that you need a lot more power?

Hell yes i am pro now so need a race car lol on a semi crap note but what kind of fuel consumption can i get in the Matrix? with a SS.