Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Brake Lines

JME_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais used for 'soup kitchen'
I'm replacing the brake lines on my Maloo with braided lines but the brake lines are different on cars with traction control vs those without. It appears that my car doesn't have traction control but it's hard to be certain because the car has had a cam added and been retuned and the centre console buttons have been replaced with the buttons from a sedan or wagon (it has rear power window switches). However, the brake lines on my car don't have the extra block that is supposed to be fitted on cars without traction control (see in picture circled in red).

So my question is why doesn't my car have this block, and what does the block do?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I don't really know what your are talking about, there is no pic, but I have a suspicion that you are referring to the ABS module.
You don't mention which model Maloo you have but since you posted in the VY section I'll take a guess. I'd be very surprised if you don't have ABS.
The brake hoses would not be any different in any case.

JME_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not ABS, traction control. Not sure what happened with the image, didn't upload. According to the brake line vendor, my Maloo should have the block on the brake line (circled in red). My Maloo doesn't have traction control, but it doesn't have the block on the brake line either. Any idea what the block does?

Attachments

• Safebrake.jpg
    Safebrake.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 524

JME_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also - yes, it's a VY Maloo but the question should apply to any VT-VZ commodore not equipped with traction control

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
unless the model had two different rear ends like the vs,from the vu all had the same irs rear ends in all models
have you ask safebrake i have a set of there hoses so i know they are good company to deal with

Last edited:

JME_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's actually got a wagon subframe installed, but the brake lines definitely don't have the block on them. I'm curious to know what the block is for.

JME_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
i been comparing hoses to and they also suit the vz sedan wagon ute non traction control
that block has a hole where the hose screws into it
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Commodore-VZ-Sedan-Wagon-Ute-No-Trac-Control-SAFEBRAKE-Performance-Hoses/170765948997?fits=Plat_Gen:VZ&hash=item27c2719845:g:8MIAAOSwCmZZPBWf
look at the bottom of the photo fifth pic single hose

I didn't see that before, I wonder where that other line goes? My car definitely does not have traction control and it definitely does not have that extra block either.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i had a look under vz driver side,
hard line screw into the end and a hard line from the left screw into the side, so just a splitter one line into two
hose locks in the subframe than hose to the caliper
they probaly used a different fitting when they change the rear end

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute