Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear door not opening

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
didnt touch the lock, while in there. ( power window replacment), need to get door open first. But good video if this is the problem when i get the door open :)
I know you didn't touch the lock BUT that doesn't mean something didn't get knocked, bent or crushed whilst you were doing it.
Obviously something happened because if you watch the video you will see where he talks about the hook that goes through the mechanism that runs to the outside door handle and that is all manual no power required and also shows what you need to hook to pull up to open the door if the handle is not working.
Another thought is make sure all doors are unlocked and disconnect the power and have someone hold the outside door handle like trying to open and give it a good hard thump from the inside to see if you can unjam it.

DirkDiggler76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V 2010
I know you didn't touch the lock BUT that doesn't mean something didn't get knocked, bent or crushed whilst you were doing it.
Obviously something happened because if you watch the video you will see where he talks about the hook that goes through the mechanism that runs to the outside door handle and that is all manual no power required and also shows what you need to hook to pull up to open the door if the handle is not working.
Another thought is make sure all doors are unlocked and disconnect the power and have someone hold the outside door handle like trying to open and give it a good hard thump from the inside to see if you can unjam it.
i will give that a go