Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear number plate light - Changing?

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Hi All,

This is going to sound a bit daft but i'm changing the lights on my number plate (2007 SSV) but how do you get to the buggers?! (I don't want to snap the case)

Thanks! :surprise:

They twist out counter clockwise

nousernameyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6
flat head screwdriver into little slot on the side of the cover. from there u have to manuver the screwdriver to undo a clip, then u just pop it out.
it will take u about a minute

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Did I miss something here? If you open the boot, from behind you simply twist the bulb holder to release, and the T10 wedge bulb simple pulls straight out.... No requirement for a screw driver, or twisting of globes...

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
Dont know if the sedans are the same but on my ute theres a tab on the edge of the casing pulled that and they should drop out

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Well, I'm on tapatalk and can't see what ride you've got.
But for the sedan, open the boot and access is from the back, and you twist out the holder. Then the wedge globe just pulls straight out.
Many apologies if you have a ute, but I can't see what your ride is.
Oh, and if you have a Calais or someone fitted a trim panel for ya on the back, it just pulls off to expose access to the holders..

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Well, I'm on tapatalk and can't see what ride you've got.
But for the sedan, open the boot and access is from the back, and you twist out the holder. Then the wedge globe just pulls straight out.
Many apologies if you have a ute, but I can't see what your ride is.
Oh, and if you have a Calais or someone fitted a trim panel for ya on the back, it just pulls off to expose access to the holders..

Hello mate, My bad.. its a 2007 SSV Sedean - Will check the boot in a little bit and see...