Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Quarter window replacement- VF Wagon

RennRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Sportwagon
Hi,

I'm wanting to replace the rear qtr windows (changing chrome to black) on my VF wagon. Can anyone tell me how to do this pls?

Thanks

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
You need to remove all trim surrounding the windows which have about 12 nuts to remove them , not an easy job . have you considered having the chrome sprayed
IMG_20180901_133717.jpg

Last edited:

RennRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Sportwagon
You need to remove all trim surrounding the windows which have about 12 nuts to remove them , not an easy job . have you considered having the chrome sprayed
View attachment 243311
Thanks, but I've already bought the new windows and keen for them to match the other black door trip pieces. Any thoughts on where i can find the instructions, and/or will i need to get any consumables (clips, tape,etc) to complete the job?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
It's probably going to be exactly the same as the VE, so should be detailed in the VE service manual which you can download... somewhere. Just throw it into search or google, usually pretty easy to find, dunno why it's not pinned in the VE section.

RennRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Sportwagon
It's probably going to be exactly the same as the VE, so should be detailed in the VE service manual which you can download... somewhere. Just throw it into search or google, usually pretty easy to find, dunno why it's not pinned in the VE section.
Ok. Thanks, will do.