Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear view mirror Wedge or Cam?

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hey all,

I'm in the process of finding a quality rear view mirror with built in LCD, however I need to know if the VE mount is a Wedge or Cam design, any one know?
Also how do you remove it?

Cheers

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Thanks mate I was looking at them too, however they look identical to the ebay listing and cost about $100 more.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Thanks mate I was looking at them too, however they look identical to the ebay listing and cost about $100 more.

But they do look a little more 'factory'.

Have you enquired with Holden on how much their intergrated rear view mirror/monitor is through spares? (I shudder to ask, but may be an option)
Because I only have basic dash, that's where I see my reverse camera (through the rear view mirror). Absolutely love it.... and as a side benefit auto dims headlights behind you so you never have to flick it away and re-adjust later.

The one you linked looks a little 'cheap' dude. You're gunna be looking at it a lot, better make you happy being there!

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Plus RUM87's link includes camera and everything... the one you linked is just the mirror. Do you need a camera too?

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Cheers UFO, your sounds really nice. unfortunately "cheap" is the name of the game at the moment due to being a uni student.
I do already have a camera witch looks stock and has a good picture. At the moment it runs to my custom carputer set up but I'm moving everything over to an iPad 3 set up and i can't find a seamless way to integrate a video in with auto switching on an iPad, so a rear view display is about my last option i think.

50682095.jpg

Sly

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y II Clubsport 260
Holden charge $600+ to have a rear view cam, not worth it go into alberts, or some car audio shop and get it done....