Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

** Rebuilding a Stroked/Turbo VT Ecotec **

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman
there should still be a couple of spots you can link a hose up to on the intake manifold to run to a catch can. and then if you so want to, you can vent the can to the intake of one of the turbos. (that will keep emissions people happy)

Go crankcase into sealed catchcan, then catchcan into turbo inlet. Sealed system is EPA happy, doesn't smell and applies vacuum to the crankcase which is better than letting it vent under pressure. You can vent crankcase from the crankcase itself, or the rocker covers will be fine too.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Its been a week, Any new updates mate ?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
hes probably to busy driving it now to care about all the people who helped in on the internet...

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
hes probably to busy driving it now to care about all the people who helped in on the internet...

oy! Don't be like that id never do such thing haha!

This weekend should be the big weeked if all goes well. Just needs bolt power steering on and plug wires in and off we go....hopefully. Its going to run NA simply because I'm running the engine in first. Do I need a catch can for NA use or??? I did block that pcv valve off...and also...theres 3 nipples on the back of the manifold 2 tiny ones and one bigger one. Where do they go again?? Lol

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh and by the way if it wasn't for you guys I'd still be machining the block...i owe all of yous :)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
.theres 3 nipples on the back of the manifold 2 tiny ones and one bigger one. Where do they go again?? Lol

One to the fuel tank purge canister solenoid, the big one I think is air-con vacuum line, and I can't remember the third, brakes booster vacuum line maybe (???), or is it the fuel regulator vacuum line (???).

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
One to the fuel tank purge canister solenoid, the big one I think is air-con vacuum line, and I can't remember the third, brakes booster vacuum line maybe (???), or is it the fuel regulator vacuum line (???).

ur right but the wrong way round, big ones for the brake booster, and the two small ones are for the fuel reg, and that sensoer on the back of the head.

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
sweet. ill get them plugged in tonight. gotta go get a catch can now...autobarn here we come lol

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
just bought catch can and hoses :)

can anyone post pics up or show me what people have done to hook up a catch can??? im still a little bit confused and i dont want to go drilling into any places or altering anything if i have too...