Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

** Rebuilding a Stroked/Turbo VT Ecotec **

illicitv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy
Interesting build mate, what sort of rwhp you chasing? T28s should be nice and responsive

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
Oh my god!! Does that mean the ecotec in my Vx is also an L67 ???? !!! oh wait, no... Thats coz ALL ecotec/L67 blocks were four bolt...

Do some reading and you will learn there actually isnt much difference between an L67 vs L36 structurally, so techinally an L36 is just as strong as an L67 just has higher compression.

Dont worry about the noobs matt. Cant wait to see it boosted!!

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Oh my god!! Does that mean the ecotec in my Vx is also an L67 ???? !!! oh wait, no... Thats coz ALL ecotec/L67 blocks were four bolt...

Do some reading and you will learn there actually isnt much difference between an L67 vs L36 structurally, so techinally an L36 is just as strong as an L67 just has higher compression.

Dont worry about the noobs matt. Cant wait to see it boosted!!

Please take your hero Skills somewhere else - lets not start on the noobish acts I've seen in some of your threads.

Anywho, is there any awesome skid videos of this thing yet?

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
L67 has stronger internals over l36,

I hope my internals are now stronger! Haha. Thanks guys, very very soon I've got cash now, and I've got all I need, all I have to do now is move the alternator, and extend my coil pack loom and move the abs unit and off I go! (hopefully)

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
If you ever get married i'm assuming your going to propose to your missus over a few years with various bits of the wedding ring and then one day it will all be complete haha

illicitv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy
Is there a reason you chose twin turbos over something like a gt35/40? Alot less drama than moving abs module, alternator and getting rid of a/c.

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
Haha! Good things take time my friend!!

The reason why I chose a twin setup is because you are starting to see more and more boosted ecotecs around, most with cheap kits or single turbos On a stock motor... I want to be different and stand out for what I'm doing, and what better way then to put 2 Garret's on a stroked motor and make it look pretty. If you notice most people who do a twin setup use the manifolds that make the turbos on the right side of the bay, I didn't want that because it's the same as the rest hence why I'm taking my time and making them symmetrical on either side...