Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

** Rebuilding a Stroked/Turbo VT Ecotec **

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
im running the engine in this weekend...and im not putting the turbos on as yet, so what do i do with 1 of them 3 holes at the back of the plenum as ive blocked off the PCV valve??? i cant block off the bung at the back for it on the plenum can i?

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
im running the engine in this weekend...and im not putting the turbos on as yet, so what do i do with 1 of them 3 holes at the back of the plenum as ive blocked off the PCV valve??? i cant block off the bung at the back for it on the plenum can i?

erm those 3 hoses should be connected
big ####er is the brake one i think
medium goes to the fuel reg
and small goes to the firewall that thing with the filter on it

the tap on the inlet manifold on the flat surface is what your referring 2?
and the hose underneath the tb should be blocked off

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
update...

decided to run the engine in before turbos go on as you all know already, so this weekend gone i was hoping that the engine would be finished but ran into a bit of a hiccup with the proflow fitting on the front of the fuel rails....i broke it lol...so fuel rail is not done as yet, besides that and 5 or so small things its done...due to working all day i cant get to VPW to get another one untill saturday so this weekend it will be done. a bit confused with 1 wire in the engine bay (big round one with a little circle in the middle, not the knock sensor) and where it goes so ill post pics up of it later aswell as the engine and how it looks now. im trying to keep everything as standard as possible, so the car will start enough for me to drive it 1000 klms to wear engine in, therefore standard CAI, injectors are being used. try and keep the ECU thinking as normal as possible....(CAI looks ugly, cant wait to get rid of it) the fans also dont go on the aftermarket radiator i got which will require a bit of modding in order for it to stay on properly. so that, 1 wire, battery and engine mounts need to be tightened up and fuel system and its done....thank god..

pics will be on later :)

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
WP_000088.jpg

WP_000087.jpg

Last edited:

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
how ugly is the CAI lol...cant wait to piss it off

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well yeah that and the induction off the tb...gonna mod the fans and cut that top bit off..