Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

** Rebuilding a Stroked/Turbo VT Ecotec **

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
was expecting(hoping) for a front throttle manifold, not some bent pipe going to the stock manifold.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Looks like she's leaking something red under the front passenger side. Tranny fluid?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
defo needed more of this but good to see you still going on with it

P20-07-09_1714.jpg

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
I did say in the message I wrote due to lack of funds? forward facing will come, id rather get the car going and therefore im focusing on the fuel system next then ill do all the stuff. not needed at the moment

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
yeah the stuff down the bottom is coolant, long story but theres going to be leaks, like any build, just gotta fix them

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
was expecting(hoping) for a front throttle manifold, not some bent pipe going to the stock manifold.

I think Hakhaw is donating funds to build forward facing throttle plenum. Top bloke! :p

Bent pipe and straight pipe doesn't flow that much differently when done correctly like this temp pipe work is btw

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I think Hakhaw is donating funds to build forward facing throttle plenum. Top bloke! :p

Bent pipe and straight pipe doesn't flow that much differently when done correctly like this temp pipe work is btw

hell if im donating anything, ive got my own boosted setup ive gotta pay for.

seeing as it already had the supporting cooler and radiator setup for it, i assumed it was something that had already been done. not my fault there were no pics with a manifold installed prior to the video.

lol wow. forum hasnt changed at all! pfft people having no faith in me i see :p

hi all! long time no speak! sorry for the LONG delay, i've been so busy working on other things and forgetting about this build, infact i was thinking of selling it a while ago; idiot i am. I wasn't in the right frame of mind and lost motivation. With the help of others i got back up and decided to finish the car. After almost 2 years of not starting it, not finishing it, i got off my fat a$$ and decided this is it. My god has it paid off. First start was today, chargedvx6 came over last weekend and did a tune for me to get the car going for now, i can take it for a spin (still yet to do) and get it tuned after the fuel setup goes in. BOOST BABY! gotta learn how to drive it now it's an animal haha!

So here it is, after such a long time; for all the haters and lovers. <3 DAT FLUTTER <3<3<3

By the way, smokes because of the heat wrap wearing in :)

[video]http://s454.photobucket.com/user/grimz3429/media/1_zps0ddcba29.mp4.html[/video]

dont see anything about lack of funds, only motivation.

Billsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Wagon
ive sat here for an hour reading and still not complete... months on any progress ?

jsnolea12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
tidy looking vt man, cant wait to see when the turbos are on and what results you get!