Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rebuilding the 304 vt senator! ;)

HSV08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV SENATOR SIGNATURE
Bit of an update. been doing a a bit of hiding/extending/shortning of loom aswell as moving battery to boot.... just a few pics so far

Running braided line over the injector wiring as the original wiring is ugly as all hell.
62129748697224798868512.jpg

Just a few snaps of the battery cable

Some big Earths from Chassis to engine mounts
p1030751x.jpg

Not finished this side yet, still need grommet for Earth cable, Battery box, Battery isolator switch.
p1030752w.jpg

p1030753px.jpg

p1030754s.jpg

p1030755v.jpg

97VTSS

ah sweet bro. yeah my one is going to be alot higher and i will have to cut my bonnet and am going to be moulding a fpv rise on it. do you know how much power you are putting out mate?

It's doing 254Kw at the fly wheel and around 205 at the wheels. The guy who built it said you wouldn't get that with a yella terra super charger and the yella terra figures confirm it. He should know cause he fits them too. Mine is the first one he's built and he's apparently he's building more they've been that succesfull. Not bad for a small block 304.

HSV08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV SENATOR SIGNATURE
It's doing 254Kw at the fly wheel and around 205 at the wheels. The guy who built it said you wouldn't get that with a yella terra super charger and the yella terra figures confirm it. He should know cause he fits them too. Mine is the first one he's built and he's apparently he's building more they've been that succesfull. Not bad for a small block 304.

not bad at all mate, sounds tough. any vid footage?

97VTSS

Yeh it's not too bad. Took a bit of getting used to being a manual.
Haven't got any vid yet. I'm taking to the Benalla Cruise and Shine this month so I might get some then.

HSV08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV SENATOR SIGNATURE
Yeh it's not too bad. Took a bit of getting used to being a manual.
Haven't got any vid yet. I'm taking to the Benalla Cruise and Shine this month so I might get some then.

Sweet. be good to see some of the beast

HSV08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV SENATOR SIGNATURE
So been fairly slack lately, xmas just around the corner and money tied up elsewhere has put the senator on the back step till atleast after xmas..

Though with the time i have had and the limited cash i have done just a few non expensive tasks...

I striped back the red rocker covers and sanded them right back from 100 grit through too 1200... bit of a polish and they have come up pretty good. fuel rail also got some treatment. rocker breather holes will be tapped and have threaded anodised fittings installed and each head off through braided line to there own catch cans

20121106085124.jpg

20121106085133.jpg

20121106085900.jpg

20121106085934.jpg

Also decided to get rid of the crap flash casting in the middle of block and smooth them down to allow the oil more access to the cam...

Before:
20121111133333.jpg

After:
20121111151912.jpg

And the one that made the biggest differance was the one at back of block and also the flash around where the dizzy come through....

Before:
20121111141246.jpg

After:
20121111151924.jpg

Ill keep updating but atm its only small bits and peices.. still need to finish that dam loom!!!!!!!

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
Please don't think i'm knocking you on your beautiful work champ.
But i was always taught the ledge around the dizzy platform was there to guide oil flow down onto the dizzy gear.
Not sure if that should've been ground smooth. The rest no worries......

HSV08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV SENATOR SIGNATURE
Please don't think i'm knocking you on your beautiful work champ.
But i was always taught the ledge around the dizzy platform was there to guide oil flow down onto the dizzy gear.
Not sure if that should've been ground smooth. The rest no worries......

cheers mate. as you can see with the rest of it all the corners etc have been smoothed down to allow oil to easily slide back down and not cake up on the ledges. that dizzy platform i don't know if you can tell in pics has actually been ground with an angle downward toward the hole. so anything that gets up there slides straight down anyway instead of sitting on that flat surface. any surface that May cake with oil I've tried to smooth down to allow oil an easier task of getting back down to cam crank and sump. where i can anyway. thanks for your comment :D

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Good read look forward to the rest of the thread.

PJDM1980