Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rebuilding the 304 vt senator! ;)

HSV08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV SENATOR SIGNATURE
Been along time since I updated this thread. Been spending a lot of time over at pcmhacking learning as much as possible in regards to tune this thing. but heres a few updates over the last month or so anyway.
So we had a big oil leak at the rear of the sump. was spraying oil all over the torque converter when running.

off I went down to Segi's to pick up some parts and a few extras

4061q.jpg

scored a set of strut top bearings from holden while I was out as mine where nackered.
AND because im sick of pulling motors out I went with another approach

xmci.jpg

and installed a set of ARP sump studs from a 351 and another rubber gasket but this time I put a dab of sealant around the outside of it.

fhho.jpg

So after that we were again running until we developed another problem
What used to look like this
98b4.jpg

Now looked like this
m1us.jpg

we ended up blowing up the trans cooler from pressure.
Just another excuse to buy some more parts out of the states and in went one of B&Ms largest trans coolers
6sla8.jpg

any how we fitted that up and and drove around for a couple weeks, even took her for her first semi long distance trip and drove from ellerslie out to maraitai and back

took some pics as I momentum cause it may not see it again haha
cqru.jpg

9lw0.jpg

that was cool, did a few trips out into town and around mission bay.
Transmission hadn't been happy for a while and eventually on the way home from work I lost 2nd 3rd, & 4th,
Then drove the rest of the 2km in 1st gear at 4500-5000rpm :devil:

Now its sitting in the shed waiting for its new trans in a couple weeks after I get back from Raro.
Then ill re build the original while its out.

its been a fun couple of months :)

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
You love that thing man no matter how broken it is! Good work. You're getting closer to your dream

HSV08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV SENATOR SIGNATURE
Haha thanks mate. Yea seems like one things fixed the next will break. Don't know about love it anymore. It's been a bitch the last few months ;)