Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Recommend a tuner on Bris northside

VE8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS Thunder
Update, car booked in for Monday next week at East Coast. Spoke to the owner Rob last week & he seems to be a nice guy. He sat me on the couch for 20min explaining the world of tuning to me & made me feel very confident in his abilities, it was more like a therapy session than a sales pitch lol. Will update again next week.

Danthuyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6

VE8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS Thunder
Update, Car has been serviced & tuned at East Coast Customs today & all seems good so far. I haven't had a lot of time with the car yet but it definitely runs & drives better. Car has gone from 243rwkw to 262rwkw but don't notice it so much as it at the top of the rev range but can notice a sizeable difference in road manners which is one of the most important things I wanted out of this tune, it just feels smoother. I also haven't had enough time with it to see if the pinging has stopped but they replaced the spark plugs with NGK TR6 as the old ones were rooted & they believed the old plugs were causing the pinging. Cold start issues will be interesting too but I obviously haven't had time to see how that's gonna go yet. Anyway, so far so good & a cautious thumbs up for East Coast Customs & a personal thanks to Jake who serviced the car & put up with my questions & me annoying him all afternoon, Matt for the tune, & Rob for being good to deal with.
P.S. I refuse to join fotosuckit to post a pic of the dyno graph but if someone wants to pm me with their email I will gladly send them a pic to post for me. Thanks peeps.

Last edited:

VE8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS Thunder
Righto, have been driving around all morning & can honestly say the car has been transformed. I loooove it. I didn't have a lot of time with it yesterday so i drove it like i stole it but now iv'e had time to drive it sensibly i can't believe how much better it is & how much of a bastard it used to be to drive & No More Pinging :) Brilliant. Thank you East Coast Customs, I love my car again..

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
This is VE8's graph from East Coast Customs:

BB22BBAC-A4E0-48C6-BAA6-396FDC4C70A7.jpg

VE8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS Thunder
Thanks pirate, that graph tells the average punter bugger all really but looks can be deceiving, it don't look like much but it really is a big difference.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
This is VE8's graph from East Coast Customs:

BB22BBAC-A4E0-48C6-BAA6-396FDC4C70A7.jpg

I honestly would be interested in seeing the tune itself......... Honestly to me that doesnt even look tuned. You could unlock the throttle and the torque and have the car lean out and get that result......... 5 minutes work.

Notice how both lines look virtually the same......... They shouldn't. Post your tune........ Please. Let us all see it for what it is.

Hoobee

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SSV
How much

Update, Car has been serviced & tuned at East Coast Customs today & all seems good so far. I haven't had a lot of time with the car yet but it definitely runs & drives better. Car has gone from 243rwkw to 262rwkw but don't notice it so much as it at the top of the rev range but can notice a sizeable difference in road manners which is one of the most important things I wanted out of this tune, it just feels smoother. I also haven't had enough time with it to see if the pinging has stopped but they replaced the spark plugs with NGK TR6 as the old ones were rooted & they believed the old plugs were causing the pinging. Cold start issues will be interesting too but I obviously haven't had time to see how that's gonna go yet. Anyway, so far so good & a cautious thumbs up for East Coast Customs & a personal thanks to Jake who serviced the car & put up with my questions & me annoying him all afternoon, Matt for the tune, & Rob for being good to deal with.
P.S. I refuse to join fotosuckit to post a pic of the dyno graph but if someone wants to pm me with their email I will gladly send them a pic to post for me. Thanks peeps.

So, in the end what did you pay for the tune?

Cheers.