Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Recommendation for Repair

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
it's one of the reasons I always help people out if I see an accident and leave my details for contact - I hope that some day other people would do the same for me.

When you think about it all the other guy has to do is say - meh, not me and what can you do?

Yes, I too would always leave a note or admit fault where its needed.
At this stage, Im thinking of paying for a car DVR because nobody can argue with that.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Dad is a really agro driver and once got into a road rage thing with some other guy. The other guy ended up getting out of his car and I suspect dad went to lower the window a smidge so he could mouth off but the window automatically went all the way down. FAIL.
The other dude grabbed the old man's glasses, screwed them up and threw them at him. The cops couldnt do anything because dad couldn't describe the other person well enough. Sounds to me like he got what was coming to him but the point of my long winded story is that it can be difficult for police to do anything.
Insurance companies on the other hand seem to have their own set of rules. In their books you're partially at fault just for being out on the road. Go figure.

It's a shame you didn't get a few snaps on your camera phone of his car, his damage and his rego. Makes it harder for them to say "I weren't there".

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Yes, I too would always leave a note or admit fault where its needed.
At this stage, Im thinking of paying for a car DVR because nobody can argue with that.

I think you misunderstood and tbh I wasn't clear enough - I mean leave details as a witness.

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Dad is a really agro driver and once got into a road rage thing with some other guy. The other guy ended up getting out of his car and I suspect dad went to lower the window a smidge so he could mouth off but the window automatically went all the way down. FAIL.
The other dude grabbed the old man's glasses, screwed them up and threw them at him. The cops couldnt do anything because dad couldn't describe the other person well enough. Sounds to me like he got what was coming to him but the point of my long winded story is that it can be difficult for police to do anything.
Insurance companies on the other hand seem to have their own set of rules. In their books you're partially at fault just for being out on the road. Go figure.

It's a shame you didn't get a few snaps on your camera phone of his car, his damage and his rego. Makes it harder for them to say "I weren't there".

Interesting.

However, the best part of this is I have a photo of his registration and car. I also have his voice and his female passenger voice on the voice call to 000. However, police still cant confirm he hit my car because his car is full of damage whereas my car hasn't got a scratch on it until now.