Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Red '87 VL

tysonVL

L Plater..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL sl
heaps of stone chips around the place and I'd rather a nice light blue over silver one day :)

tysonVL

L Plater..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL sl
So, I've been doing some photoshopping, seeing what my car will eventually look like in a nice blue over silver. I'm definitely not the greatest photoshopper, but you get the idea!

Thoughts?
AY89SMBlue.jpg

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
very clean mate, the paint looks so nice in the photos, keep the red mate, you don't see many factory red vl's going round.
sits pretty nice too, killer first car bud.

tysonVL

L Plater..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL sl
I was thinking about it before, what might be better is just to fix up the dings and rust, then get it resprayed the same red again, just all fresh again..
much cheaper to do this too!

tysonVL

L Plater..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL sl
it's all broken as you can see,

once I get some money coming in and it's all running sweet I'll buy a whole new bumper set

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
u can get them on ebay, come from up here in Qld well just up the road from me :p...
Front Centre is $70
or Whole Bumper + Trims and side guards $140

tysonVL

L Plater..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL sl
yeah I've had a look, they seem pretty good..

I'm pretty good at eBay window shopping.
Need to get my gearbox sorted first, dad reckons it's better to spend the extra money and get it reconditioned than buy a used one..
He's going halves with me though, so that's roughly $250 from me, seen them on eBay for $500 so it's all good! :)

My problem is that I'm good at spending the money, I just have no way of making it at the moment!

shaunington

Reaction score
Website
www.shaunpainephotography.com
Members Ride
VL SL (RB30E/Jatco 4SPD)
My problem is that I'm good at spending the money, I just have no way of making it at the moment!

Mate I know your pain hahaha....

Very clean VL here, I'm also a fan of the factory red here, looks ace! Awesome first car.

Nice pick up (being 5SPD as well), really want to do a manual conversion on mine now now haha... It'll come with time :p

Look forward to seeing what else you do with her mate

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
yeah I've had a look, they seem pretty good..

I'm pretty good at eBay window shopping.
Need to get my gearbox sorted first, dad reckons it's better to spend the extra money and get it reconditioned than buy a used one..
He's going halves with me though, so that's roughly $250 from me, seen them on eBay for $500 so it's all good! :)

Do it, i only got a s/h one and im a bit sceptical as to how long that will last to. And when your on your p's man that second hand gearbox will break fairly quickly, ill almost gaurentee it ;) If it's only a small amount for the reco i'd do it. Problem i had it was 1700 to recondition a box cause mine was stuffed or it was only like 450 for a second hand with 6 months warrenty. So i could go through 3 gearboxes instead of that one lol