Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redback Exhaust systems or something else?

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Hi all, I been looking at a Redback 2.5" sports exhaust for my VS V6. They are relatively cheap but are they any good? Anyone tried, or know of someone that has one of these in their VS or VR? Honestly I couldn't care less if it doesn't makes the car louder. All I'm concerned about is getting a bit more performance out of it.

Also, what other suggestions do people have for a good quality, inexpensive performance exhaust. Keeping in mind that I don't want to make the car louder, just perform better. All suggestions welcome. Thanks.

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
hey scooter79, ive had the exact same system on the exact same car (S pac though). ye i reckon it sounded nice and deep and when you give it a bit it sounds awesome! in terms of power i noticed it was a bit better all around the rev range. i also had CAI & a K & N filter. worked really well together

Sully72

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hi Scooter , I put a redback system on my VS statesman , gives it a nice note almost a whistling sound, but as for perfomance im not sure, I still need to do the manifolds and cat converter.

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
Sully72 said:
Hi Scooter , I put a redback system on my VS statesman , gives it a nice note almost a whistling sound, but as for perfomance im not sure, I still need to do the manifolds and cat converter.

i hear that theres no point in modifying the cat converter unless your running high hp.

C

Camotec

Is the sound of the redback system loud? cause I like my quiet cruises and i like to give it a blat, i don't mind a growl when i floor it, but just towning it i would like it almost as quiet as stock. are these like this?

Cheers
Ben

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
Camotec said:
Is the sound of the redback system loud? cause I like my quiet cruises and i like to give it a blat, i don't mind a growl when i floor it, but just towning it i would like it almost as quiet as stock. are these like this?

Cheers
Ben

i suppose they are still relatively quiet as long as you have the rear resonators. any sports exhaust you add will sound different from stock unless you decide to keep the stock resonator

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
ye make sure u put a ressy on if u want it to be more quiet, for the preformance gains of having a cat back u may aswell spend the money somewhere else unless u have a decent amount of power. catback is more for the sound of it

Spilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
exhaust

Hey guys I have the same redback exhaust as well(cat-back 2.5 inch) I found its a little bit louder and deeper then stock. performance wise I really didn't find much difference, a little bit more high up in the rev range but down low was still like a slug. I do not as yet run a cold air system but it's on the way! :)

Cheers
Spilly

krizko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
im running a redback 2.5" with no rear muffler. it's REALLY loud!! too loud i reckon. performance wise, i got a bit more go from about 3500rpm and up.

spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pac S2 M5
ME too

Hey,

I have a red back 2.5inch system, along with other goodies, And I think It has a really good note, Sounds really sweet and has a lttle bit of a lumpy idle to it, LOL, But the car does not choke at all and does not drone at all, I drive on the highways, first gear easily rips harder and 140km'h in 3rd it absolutely screams along!! :yeah:

Hey, How did you unbolt the rear muff krizko, did you just unbolt the u clamp and only use half the redback system??

Wouldn't mine trying that just for a laugh!