Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redback Exhaust systems or something else?

spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pac S2 M5
Hmm

I hate nothing mopre then cars that have systems that are way to big or cheap. They sound shocking, like they are choking and drone everywhere they go!

My car sounds nothing Like an ecotec anymore, not raspy an pulls from the get go. :wave:

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Spac, What system or components are you using?

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Gus_tinkle, I've just been looking at the redback systems on the net and on ebay... I've seen the redback 2.5" system for a VS ecotec for $300 brand new

spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pac S2 M5
I am using pacemaker extractors into a high flow cat into the redback 2.5inch system (with twin crome tips!!) LOL.

I Also have the SS induction snorkle setup on my car. That setup alone made the car have better economy (if you can resit driving hard!) Sounds racy, and does not drone when laboured or crusing on the highway.

Power increased down low but power up top increased very much so.

It has a nice burble when you start it up!

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I have a VR V6, make sure its not a straight 2.5 inch pipe going through. They sound crap. Maybe a WRX would sound good straight pipe, but on V6 Commodore no good. Also Redback and Pacemaker exhausts are the best, they sound pretty good, not annoying.

VR V6 Series 2
Modded Airbox, K&N, 2.5inch Redback from Cat on... :)

I did get a power gain at low revs, not too much at higher revs.

MattK

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ V6
Headers

OK the Lukey headers were installed today , and the redback sports exhaust system has gone quiet ? No more growl , bottom end is back and then some .

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Got a quote from a local muffler guy today. $330 to supply and fit a redback exhaust to my VS v6. Thats pretty damn good I reckon! He said he could do a Lukey system for the same price too but I'm leaning towards the redback.

Now what about extractors? What do people here have and prefer? Lukey? Pacemaker? Or are there others?

Cheers,

krizko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
pacemaker and HM headers would be the best option. either would be good.

C

Camotec

I am leaning toward Pacemaker headers and a Redback system. in saying that I will only get it if i can be sure that when driving around i will not get a loud note or drone from the car, I would like that no extra noise is heard unless i put my foot down, then a nice non droney growl will be heard mmmm.

I just got a VZ Monaro exhaust tip from ebay the other day and it will looks schmick on the back of my commodore hehe :D

Cheers
Ben

spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pac S2 M5
Pacemaker

Pacemaker have been around for ages and know what the are doing!

Also Pacemaker extractors are specially painted so the do not crack and discolour under heat like the others which is a bonus when looking under the hood!

Camotec
my car has the setup and its only loud if you push it really hard, meaning above 3500-4000. Its a real clean sporty sound not a droning thrashy im gana die soon sound!

Its real smooth and quite when cruising and normal driving with the added benefit of better fuel economy and more power!