Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redback extractors

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
The local mechanic put a set on the ute for me today, and apparently they were too short compared to normal extractors. would there be any purpose in this, or is the mechanic just whinging? Also worth noting is that he had to bend the pipe that houses the IAG (?) sensor in the extractors so it wouldn't be resting on the engine.
Looks to me as if they might be a bit cheap.

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
I didn't think redback did extractors untill i was getting some work done and the guy said i should get a set of them instead of packmakers. How much did they charge for redback headers? they wanted $700 fitted for a set of pacemaker

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
From everyone that has Redback exhaust systems they say they're not cheap crap! They usually swear by them saying theyre much better than imported stuff because it's made for our conditions and laws (USA's exhaust laws are different apparently).

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
still swear by my redback catback and hoping to get a set of redback extractors aswell let me know how they go...

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
$700 fitted for a set of Pacemakers?

I got quoted $1400 from Sureflo for a set fitted.

I however opted for the modified HSV extractors and cats which flow just as well.

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03

I however opted for the modified HSV extractors and cats which flow just as well.

That was just for the extractors. I already have a redback system with a small high flow muffler. You can buy a set of pacemakers of ebay The last price i had seen was $550

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Thats what I mean, it was $1400 fitted JUST for the extractors, and $600 for cats.

I do have their 3.5" catback system though.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
They finally finished putting them in today - i think the mechanic charged me $300 for the extractors but i'm yet to get a bill.
Having said that they're cheap, they obviously worked - just outside of town (on private property :whistling) there's a small straight which i used to be able to clock 100km/h from standstill. Just checked now and i hit 120 in the same spot!

I did however get the extractors installed PLUS a 2.25" twin setup on top

FirstVR_JC

Reaction score
Members Ride
RALLIART Magna
The exhaust shop where i got my extractors fitted recommended the Redback extractors.... i initially was asking for pacies as all i saw and read about were pacemaker extractors .... The shop would of ordered some pacies in but i decided to go with the redback (the owner of the shop uses them on his Supercharged project car which was good enough for me).

Bloke reckons his latest dyno run comparing the pacemakers with the Redback had the redback allowing more rwkw. After coming down off all the hype of having a set of """Pacemakers""" i am happy with the Redback's.

All this is for a stock V6 though....

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001

Honestly mate you got ripped !!! How much was the HSV system ???

I have got 3 different quotes of up to $780 fitted for Pacemaker extractors cermiac coated inside and out for my VX. The highest i saw were Hitek Headers, which fair enough are custom made stainless, so they are dearer.