Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

REDLINE VF DEMISTER NOT WORKING

di4bl0

Reaction score
Members Ride
HOLDEN COMMODORE REDLINE VF SSV
Hi Guys,

Having an issue that i have just noticed with my 2016 Holden Commodore Redline SSV -

I have noticed when i put the demister on, it is not clearing the front windscreen at all. I literally have to put the wiper blades on to clear the haze on the windscreen.

Air-con and everything else seems to be working fine, any ideas?

Appreciate it in advance.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
The demister will not clear condensation on the outside of the windscreen (say from being parked overnight out in the open). Only the wipers will clear that. The demister is for clearing condensation on the inside of the windscreen. I leave my aircon system in the auto setting all the time, and it copes with all types of conditions very well. However, I still have to use the wipers to clear fine mist, etc. that deposits on the outside of the windscreen.

di4bl0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry mate i meant that it is not clearing the condensation on the inside of the windscreen at all..

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Welcome to the forum @di4bl0 :cool:

Two things clean condensation from the inside of the windscreen
  1. Warm air blowing over the inside of the windscreen.
  2. Dry air blowing over the inside of the windscreen.
If the windscreen remains foggy, the first thing to check is that you are getting airflow coming out of the defrost vents on top of the dash… If not, find out why not (hvac flap motor faulty?)… If you get airflow coming out of the defrost vents, check if you can make the air hot (air on off). If not, find out why (again could be flap motor or could be blocked hvac heater core)… If you can make the airflow hot, does your aircon work and make the air cold? If not check fix your aircon…

Tne climate air will control both 1 & 2 and often combine 1 & 2 to create dry warm air which sucks condensation off your windscreen in seconds. It’s much more effective that
n the manual wiper (arm and short sleeve) :p

di4bl0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Mate,

Thank you for the reply!

I just went and checked -

*Air flow is coming out of the defrost vents
*Can confirm i can make the air hot and cold

All seems to be working however it never clears the condensation?

Thanks in advance man!

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Have you tried cleaning the inside of the windscreen (when dry) to remove any haze that might be deposited on it? Sometimes fumes given off by the upholstery when sitting in the sun can deposit on the windscreen, causing a permanent haze effect.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Is your AC working fine and not suffering from something like a gas leak? Whether or not the light on the ac button is illuminated the car will turn on the ac automatically to do the job quicker.

di4bl0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you tried cleaning the inside of the windscreen (when dry) to remove any haze that might be deposited on it? Sometimes fumes given off by the upholstery when sitting in the sun can deposit on the windscreen, causing a permanent haze effect.
I will give that a try man, thank you.

di4bl0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is your AC working fine and not suffering from something like a gas leak? Whether or not the light on the ac button is illuminated the car will turn on the ac automatically to do the job quicker.
Seems to be working fine, goes cold as when i need it to and hot when i want it to man..

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I agree with Skylarking, warm aircon is the way to go, if it won't demist on cold. Even in summer, I occasionaly need to go against instinct and crank the heat for a minute or two.