Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

REDSS8 - my brand new VE SSV

Pabs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore 5.0ltr
If you go see active im sure he"ll understate your power like many others would so that you think that the person you got tuned at did a **** job and go and tune it there instead, not trying to get peoples knickers in a twist dude but i did my sums before bying my car cause i was actually gonna by an ssv. $55k like simon said, u spent $5000 grand on an exhaust and tune, then cai $500 and tune $800, tein suspension $1000, shifter $300, $500 hid lights, another tune then new cai $600 then mafless tune another what $600. all up about $64k roughly. I paid $62 lowered and on road, $350 ss induction cai, $800 maf tune, $995 nos fly by wire system, so its pretty close id say but i wouldnt say way less dude and simon you looked at your car you remind me of herbie with those racing stripes on your car! all you need to top it off is a big number on your bonnet and you 2 have a vw beetle. we'll call it ssvw :p im not picking on anyones car just stating a fact ladies

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Pabs

Dear Pabs..... you need to get some English lessons my friend.... I can't understand a word you are saying. My 8 year old can write better than you.... in fact.. I believe he could have when he was 4.

Now.. for the record... I paid $55k on road. The only extra I outlayed was $270 on a CAI (Not $500 - you were ripped off). I DONT want suspension, tuning, exhaust, shifter and HEAD (not hid) Lights

And re the track stripes... anyone with any knowledge of holden and its history would know that the cars with stripes became the icons. HK, HT, HK, HQ Monaros. And before you start telling me its not a monaro, I would like to remind you that even the 4 door HQ's, HJ, HX, and HZ had the decals.

I am an extravert... I am a show off... I do like in your face bright colours.

I'll get my ride in a conservative and boring black car when I'm dead.

Oh... and in closing.... click here: Amazon.com: English Grammar for Dummies: Books: Geraldine Woods

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
If you go see active im sure he"ll understate your power like many others would so that you think that the person you got tuned at did a **** job and go and tune it there instead, not trying to get peoples knickers in a twist dude but i did my sums before bying my car cause i was actually gonna by an ssv. $55k like simon said, u spent $5000 grand on an exhaust and tune, then cai $500 and tune $800, tein suspension $1000, shifter $300, $500 hid lights, another tune then new cai $600 then mafless tune another what $600. all up about $64k roughly. I paid $62 lowered and on road, $350 ss induction cai, $800 maf tune, $995 nos fly by wire system, so its pretty close id say but i wouldnt say way less dude and simon you looked at your car you remind me of herbie with those racing stripes on your car! all you need to top it off is a big number on your bonnet and you 2 have a vw beetle. we'll call it ssvw :p im not picking on anyones car just stating a fact ladies
dude not sure what i said to get you on the attack but i did my maths too and like i said it was MY choice and i have many reasons why i didnt option to a R8.
i never said the R8 was sh1t

whats this talk about active? i am guessing you mean active automotive and if you do what do u mean with the whole understating power etc

for me to go for a R8 it was gonna cost me round $68K+ with leather, sunroof, sat nav, etc optioned like i have for my current SSV.
thats $13K+ more than what my SSV cost

and your prices on the mods i did are way out mate.
not all my mods are for pure power. my teins are for handling as i use it at track days etc and it handles are whole lot better than just when it was sitting on some springs which cost $500installed...yes teins are expensive and alot more than you quoted but i aint after bragging rights on how quick my car can do the 1/4 mile or how much hp it produces on a dyno

if you wanna throw a nos kit on yours and wanna turn it into a ticking time bomb of when its gonna go bang, warranty void, also insurance void in the case of an accident, red sticker material etc then go for it mate.
not only is NOS highly illegal but also dangerous
i didnt come on here and bag u out so stay out of my business.

i never had a go at you or your car

Last edited:

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
nice car mate:thumbsup: if i ever could get a ve it would be an ss! (or wish list clubsport r8 or senator:yeah:) i like the orange colour though but thats me:p

Pabs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore 5.0ltr
Sorry boys, just been reading my mumbo jumbo for the last 2 days and i appologize for the ****iness/stupidity. Had way to many drinks the last couple of nights celebrating a few things and was abit/ i mean a total ******** and should never go on this thing when drinking too much and especially with a few mates around being a hero/ more like knob. Sorry Simon for saying **** bout your car and very sorry dean(excessv) bout dribbling on when clearly its ****. Dont want to get on bad terms with anybody so deeply regret the last two days crap. Got a massive headache from 3 full days of drinking and you are not the only people im appolgizing too, so sorry once again guys and if you dont want to chat to me then i can understand and ill try and smarten my act up abit and yes simon ill read that book and i mite go to AA aswell to learn not to be a $%#head, by the way dean hope you did alright at whoopass last night

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Sorry boys, just been reading my mumbo jumbo for the last 2 days and i appologize for the ****iness/stupidity. Had way to many drinks the last couple of nights celebrating a few things and was abit/ i mean a total ******** and should never go on this thing when drinking too much and especially with a few mates around being a hero/ more like knob. Sorry Simon for saying **** bout your car and very sorry dean(excessv) bout dribbling on when clearly its ****. Dont want to get on bad terms with anybody so deeply regret the last two days crap. Got a massive headache from 3 full days of drinking and you are not the only people im appolgizing too, so sorry once again guys and if you dont want to chat to me then i can understand and ill try and smarten my act up abit and yes simon ill read that book and i mite go to AA aswell to learn not to be a $%#head, by the way dean hope you did alright at whoopass last night

aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww.... come here and give us all hug you big dumby dumb head!

But seriously...No offence taken! The passion and healthy rivalry is part of the reason we are all bought these cars in the first place..... instead of 4 cyl Korean numbers... or worse still... God forbid... People Movers!

Go hard.... or go home I say! And we ALL go hard!

ps Pabs.... I had a suspicion that you had given the tonsil varnish a bit of a nudge... that's why I made my grammar comments.... hope you didn't take any offence either!

Have a good weekend boys... AND GO HOLDEN AT MT PANORAMA!

oh... pps... I actually like black cars... it was a toss up between the red or the black...sooooo... I compromised and went for red with black!

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww.... come here and give us all hug you big dumby dumb head!

But seriously...No offence taken! The passion and healthy rivalry is part of the reason we are all bought these cars in the first place..... instead of 4 cyl Korean numbers... or worse still... God forbid... People Movers!

Go hard.... or go home I say! And we ALL go hard!

ps Pabs.... I had a suspicion that you had given the tonsil varnish a bit of a nudge... that's why I made my grammar comments.... hope you didn't take any offence either!

Have a good weekend boys... AND GO HOLDEN AT MT PANORAMA!

oh... pps... I actually like black cars... it was a toss up between the red or the black...sooooo... I compromised and went for red with black!

the red imo is the better choice as i have a black vs calais and its a nightmare to keep clean and keep the small scratches hidden:p

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
no worries mate...no offence taken.

see ya down at the drags sometime :D

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
SSV looks mint.. Oldschool racing stripes.. nice!

Pabs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore 5.0ltr
Thanks

Once again sorry hey, feel like a knob and i had to appologize, real bad of me. yep hope to see you down the drags dean and hope you dont throw rocks at me lol chat soon this time about something factual, on my behalf anywayz