Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rego check Rip off????

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
I did not say that those items mentioned were not instant fails, I merely said that I had never had link pins or radius rod bushes checked for a rego inspection and I suggested he degrease the steering rack boots.

+1. Same goes for what I said

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
i dunno where you are but here in Vic the rules regarding oil leaks goes something like this: as long as the oil is not dripping onto the ground, it will pass. i would never take a car to a place like kmart for anything.

skerik

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series 2 SS Thunder Ute
Kmart is a department store where you would go to purchase cheap clothes, CDs, DVDs, Video Games and other general stuff, not to get your car checked or to buy new wheels / tyres.

sheapard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Aclaim
Just a follow up, I have had the car checked by another two mechanics. Both said there was no issue with the steering rack, BUT they have both found the two front shocks are stuffed. Dangerous? The cars in getting the work done today at another workshop. They will supply me with another pink slip and we will see what happens, They are also replaceing the Radius rod bushes and the link pins. Both said they were worn but wouldnt have stopped the car passing. I will end up spending nearly $1000 but at least I know the car is safe.