Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

relocating the battery to the boot

boogs86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK calais
i need to move the battery to the boot as it no longer fits in the engine bay.
has anyone done this in a sedan and if so do you have any pics of the install as i need an idea of how to secure the battery. im using sealed battery so it doesn't need a box. also i am tossing up whether to run the +ve cable under the car or through the firewall and in the cabin. does anyone have any suggestions

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Run it in conduit under the car. Cable big enough to do the job is going to be hard to manipulate, cause nasty bulges in carpet etc as well as you'll avoid having to worry about a short on the firewall.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
I had the same idea, but also had the idea as putting an EXTRA battery in the car for stereo...

My plan was to weld a metal frame in the right hand side of the boot and sit the battery inside that and hide it.

Then run the positive wire under the car, but didn't actually plan where abouts under neath

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
In my wagz I ran 3x 4ga cables from the back to the front, inside the car, under the carpet. It has a little bulge, but nothing to serious. I've only got 2 connected and it starts with no drama's...went a bit overboard with a 760CCA battery, but yeah it does the job.

I put all 3 cables together and put them in Narva split tubing, and put bracket things over the top to hold it in the right position.....easiest way to show ya is a pic.

FINEPIX_2007_1005007Small.jpg

It's only like that until it goes under the carpet, from there the cables just run next to each other up to the front. They run along the passenger side of the trans tunnel. The hole I used to run them through the firewall is a hole which is already there, it's on the passenger side of the trans tunnel....so they pop out just behind the starter motor. :thumbsup: