Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote bi-modal exhaust controller

16SSWag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SS Black wagon
No lights codes or issues what so ever, I've been running in my car for 6 months + issue free. Car doesn't see any difference between fuse in/out or my device open/closed.
Thanks for that, if I can't find a relay shell soon maybe I will try the fuse option too.

Mlmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 LSA
As I also run a fuse down line it is still protected. Good luck tinkering.

Cohen

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 Clubsport
G'day All,
Sorry for the thread dig,
Just have a question regarding the bypass module for anyone else who has one, I recently bought one and am curious if I am having issues with mine basically I open the system up so the valve is always open with the supplied remote after maybe a couple of minutes driving the system automatically resets to the standard "sport" mode then I have to hit the off switch again on the remote to re enable to module to open the valves up. as you can imagine pretty annoying when you want the system to stay open.
so my question is, do you think my module faulty or do they just decide to automatically reset?
vehicle is a GEN F2 clubby.
your help is appreciated cheers!

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
G'day All,
Just have a question regarding the bypass module for anyone else who has one, I recently bought one and am curious if I am having issues with mine basically I open the system up so the valve is always open with the supplied remote after maybe a couple of minutes driving the system automatically resets to the standard "sport" mode then I have to hit the off switch again on the remote to re enable to module to open the valves up. as you can imagine pretty annoying when you want the system to stay open.
so my question is, do you think my module faulty or do they just decide to automatically reset?

Most likely faulty module. It should stay open...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
G'day All,

Which kit did you get?

Cohen

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 Clubsport
Most likely faulty module. It should stay open...

Cheers for the quick reply Ron Burgundy,
I assumed so, I contacted the manufacturer and have not heard back from them, might have to do the old fuse pull out trick when I wish to have them open.

Which kit did you get?

Like who did I purchase it from?

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
You could test the issue by just pulling the relay and seeing if it does the same thing.

Cohen

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 Clubsport
You could test the issue by just pulling the relay and seeing if it does the same thing.

Yeah stays open the whole time with the relay out, noticeable difference on my 3inch system, I believe the module is definitely faulty, just wasn't 100% sure if it was normal for them to "reset" I thought it might be rather counter intuitive if that was the case.

Thanks all for your help will keep trying with the manufacturer, hopefully they stand by their goods.