Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote Start - has anyone ever fitted one?

Richard Moss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevrolet Lumina Coupe S (Monaro CV6)
I'm interested in hearing if anyone has fitted a remote start system to a Commodore or Monaro. I drive 2004 Monaro CV6 auto (badged as a Chevrolet Lumina here in Abu Dhabi) and would like to be able to start it remotely so that the aircon can kick in to take the sting out of the all-black interior before I venture out into 50C summer temperatures.

I have a factory fitted remote start on my Ford F150 (sorry for swearing) - it means that I can cool the truck down whilst still padding around the house in my grundies, drinking tea, eating toast and getting ready for work. Something similar on my daily driver Monaro would be lovely.

If anyone has experience with either a DIY or professionally fitted system, I'd be grateful for the feedback.

Thanks

Richard Moss

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'll take that as a "no" then :)

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
Probably because it's been discussed so many times already, I entered "remote start" in the search box above and it listed 40-odd threads on the subject!

I can't remember all the details but some factory ECUs/BCMs have the option that can be turned on, and there are a number of aftermarket systems available too.

Andrew

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Would also wager that without some kind of VATS (vehicle anti-theft signal) removal, it wouldn't work otherwise because the key would need to be in the ignition so the BCM can read the key head.

Richard Moss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Probably because it's been discussed so many times already, I entered "remote start" in the search box above and it listed 40-odd threads on the subject!

Well, the reason I asked the question was that when I did a search for it I got NO hits at all

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

Richard Moss

Reaction score
Members Ride
I meant "I asked here because a search on the forum brought up no forum posts" so I was looking for direct feedback on their fitment to Commodores or Monaros.

Thanks for the link, though. I had searched eBay, Amazon etc and there are so many systems, with a mixture of positive and negative feedback, that I am desperate not to make a mess of this fine car which I love