Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote Start

Brayden3223

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden VZ Lumina
Howdy guys, I was just wondering what are our options on getting remote starts for the VZ. Preferably one that uses the factory key. I’ve had a look online and I can’t find any that state it’ll work on the vz, any help would be appreciated

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Without having the key in the ignition and turned to accessories you will likely not have much luck. If you look at the little piece of metal beside the key blade, that makes contact with the metal ring around the key barrel. That piece of metal and those rings need to be in contact for the car to start.

Brayden3223

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden VZ Lumina
I
Without having the key in the ignition and turned to accessories you will likely not have much luck. If you look at the little piece of metal beside the key blade, that makes contact with the metal ring around the key barrel. That piece of metal and those rings need to be in contact for the car to start.
Ive seen a few vz’s and vy’s with it done, so it seems like it’s possible. Hope so, Melbourne weather hasn’t been so kind and would like that heater going before I get out of bed!

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Remote starting functionality has a direct link to the immobiliser followed by starter circuit and engine control. If the car does not have the required software and hardware logic then a remote key isn't going to work. Aftermarket modifications could well brick the immobiliser to the point where there is no start, much less a heater to warm your derrière...

Brayden3223

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden VZ Lumina
I’ve done a bit of research and there’s a company called just4commodores that sell a kit, it seems fairly simple to install and havent seen anybody say anything bad about them or about any faults with it

Brayden3223

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden VZ Lumina
Okay can confirm Just4Commodores sell a remote start kit that work without issue. Took me about half an hour to nap install and works brilliantly. Goes off the factory key too