Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removal of Battery From the rear Left Quater Panel

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
I suppose we all could live in the stone age and then we wouldn't need a battery as It wouldn't be needed but at the end of the day we are not in the stone age and we have to keep up with Technology Changes because if you don't you will become like the rest that know nothing about anything. Plenty of them around.

Man period monday was it..

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
No good will come of this, mark my words... :)
Well this is the reason why I asked this question as If the car sits still for two months the battery possibly will flatten thus the reason why it might need a charging port like my other cars that don't move when I'm not around

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well why not speak to Holden about this so I rang them and the Gentleman clearly told me the car has a protection circuit that stops the battery going completely flat if the car is not driven in months, plus you can disconnect the Negative Terminal and leave it disconnected for months then reconnect it and all you lose is the clock. I said that's good what about the radio and the radio's pin number and he replied there is no pin on the new VF's The radio's pin is the Vin number of the car. Interesting he also stated the battery can be removed and replaced at any time and like what he said all you have to do is read your manual on how to set your clock.
Thank you Holden

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Man period monday was it..
No don't take it to hard my friend After all we are all here for our love for Holdens. The Technology used on today's vehicles is nothing to what I use to do for a living for over 20 years in and out of this Country but I can say a lot has changed for me in this twenty years that has made me obsolete just in time for retirement.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
In your case, the best advice would have to be "IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT" !!!

So we fast forward about 5 years...What do we do then? Tow it to a dealership, when the warranty has run out (not that a battery is covered by a dealership warranty) and get them to change it? Or do we get on out hands and knees and beg that the battery starts the car, when it's totally stuffed, so we can get to our local battery supplier, and have them change it over?

Some people don't think ahead....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well this is the reason why I asked this question as If the car sits still for two months the battery possibly will flatten thus the reason why it might need a charging port like my other cars that don't move when I'm not around

There is another good reason for you asking......It helps down the track, when the battery starts to get older.....

The problem I have seen with some responses is, people are only thinking about your current situation, rather than thinking how it could be helpful in the future for others. So to me, you asking the question is brilliant for future reference

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
There is another good reason for you asking......It helps down the track, when the battery starts to get older.....

The problem I have seen with some responses is, people are only thinking about your current situation, rather than thinking how it could be helpful in the future for others. So to me, you asking the question is brilliant for future reference

I'm a retired Electrical Engineer and have spend many years on Equipment higher tech than a VF Commodore but i'm a sort of person that wants to learn anything and everything from anyone. So today thanks to a member on this forum I have purchased everything I need to see and read what my car is doing just with a plug that plugs into the OBD2 socket.

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
So today thanks to a member on this forum I have purchased everything I need to see and read what my car is doing just with a plug that plugs into the OBD2 socket.

Interesting, what software do you use to display that info?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I'm a retired Electrical Engineer and have spend many years on Equipment higher tech than a VF Commodore but i'm a sort of person that wants to learn anything and everything from anyone. So today thanks to a member on this forum I have purchased everything I need to see and read what my car is doing just with a plug that plugs into the OBD2 socket.

What have you purchased for the OBD2 Socket?

There are terminals in the engine bay for the battery, can’t these be used to connect a trickle charger?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride