Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing Bump Stops

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
What is the worst thing that could happen if you remove the rear suspension bumpstops??...because ive met a few peeps with dumped commodores and they tell me that the have removed the bumpstops from the rear.

Clinster

Reaction score
Website
s2.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VSII Berlina
Its not a good idea.
If you do bottom out while driving the suspension is goin to hit harshly together. Not good. Not the way Holden intended.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You rattle all your teeth out. The more times you get metal on metal the greater risk of something breaking. Why you would want to lower your car that much anyway I don't know. It wouldn't be practical, no more shopping centres, no more driveways.

quiksilv3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII L67 Statesman
Its not a good idea.
If you do bottom out while driving the suspension is goin to hit harshly together. Not good. Not the way Holden intended.

Holden also never intended people to be running in excess of 250rwkw on the standard VS brakes, but it happens

If you do remove the stops be prepared for a very harsh ride, as it will be metal on metal, and you can also look forward to suspension components wearing out faster, camber will be a problem so tyres will chew out quicker (so low camber can be difficult to adjust that much).

If you don't care about that and just want it low, cop hassles, and are prepared to wear a kidney belt when driving then go for it

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
i removed bumpstops since i put sum springs in jus 4 now me and my mate couldnt get the new springs in without removing it all i did was cut the round nob bit off and glued it back on to the middle bump stop bit all sweet and stops it frm hitting the metal and u get that lil bit lower aswel hahah bout 1-2cm not very much