Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing fuel pump from vk calias v8

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
correct... why would holden use vaccuum operated heat/cool controls in the VK, then change back to old school in the VL, then change back to vaccuum in the VN... mmm... 308vkcalais is spot on, they started using it in 1984, including the VK...

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Well my mates old VL must of had some dodgy backyarder replace his heater then, cause it was just like what my dads stock VB heater set up is. The whole lot was the same.
Same with the VK V8s i have worked on, someone must of replace the fuel tank, cause the ones i worked on didn't have the intank pump, and it puzzled me.
Oh and 308vkcalais, I didn't send a Private Message. What i used wasn't that. It was the Rep feature(the scales on the top right). Also i'm not rare, my car is.
One last think, thanks for pointing out that i'm wrong. We all make mistakes. I hope that we can get along on this forum in the future :)

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
Cool mate.I don't have issues about it.My mistake for calling your reply thing a priv message, I dun know how to drive this site yet.I'm still learning.Like what we all come on here for.It's a fab site to share info, gain knowledge or simply to get ideas from others for your own ride.In hindsight howeva, I believe it's importanat that the info coming ova is correct, in particular for the sake of the youngsters whom dun have any idea.Good on the young fellas for having a go turning spanners.That's how I started out wif no tools til my Wife bought me a timing set for Xmas & the outlaws, the same yr got me sum Sidchrome spanners.The 1st stages of my tool kit.A long time ago now....in a galaxy far, far away.. sorry wrong story..(old age)