Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing harmonic balancer

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
i ame xtremly confused by this thread, as doc bob said, the bolt is either 1/4 (imperial) or m6 (metric) , also, i have sucsesfully bought a series one balancer from bursons (bout 125) and yeah the just slip on and off once the main bolt is cracked, as for series 2, press fit, puller required

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
i ame xtremly confused by this thread, as doc bob said, the bolt is either 1/4 (imperial) or m6 (metric) , also, i have sucsesfully bought a series one balancer from bursons (bout 125) and yeah the just slip on and off once the main bolt is cracked, as for series 2, press fit, puller required

:) you will find many bolts on the VN are both imperial and metric....

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
yer thats what i was saying, series one has one type bolt, series 2 the other..
what i was saying is that if u want to replace a series one balencer genuinely, u have to replace it using a series 2 balancer, bolt and washer.. BUT there are plenty of aftermarket series one balancers.. its ALWAYS a good idea using a puller, mine is a s1 and it wouldnt come off without a puller

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
thats my understanding of it anyway!

charged vp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon
sorry to hijack but whats the size of the big nut holding it on.
i gotta get a socket to suit

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
i dunno haha sorry.. blokes in the workshop did mine.. i shoulda got the timing chain done while it was in there, its still a lil noisy, i put sum gibbo oil in there(20W50) to make it a lil quieter but the blancer will **** ur chain up

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
when i did my vp couple months back i bought a after market puller, made m yown bolts up m6 but not sure of length!!, and i also had to heat the harmonic bolt with a oxy to make it move!!! after i got the bolt off it was easy as hell with the pully!!