Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing Rear Seats

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
Hey all. Im hoping to fit some car seat covers to my sv6 today. Just plane black ones to protect the seats and maintain resale value. Nothing flash.
Fronts are easy as to fit, but i have no idea how to remove the back seats.
Anyone successfully done this?

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Rear bench pulls out, I'm trying to remember how I got mine out...**** can't remember lol. I know to get the rear bench out you lift it, bascially lift the area where your legs hang over seat (near where the carpet meets the bench) do same on other side then bench comes out.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Did the front seat covers you installed cover the side bolsters of the seats? If they do, do they accommodate the air bags?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i was thinking the same thing about the airbags but not ALL sv6's come with the side airbags in the seats. mine did as it has the airbag tag on the seat.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
Did the front seat covers you installed cover the side bolsters of the seats? If they do, do they accommodate the air bags?

i was thinking the same thing about the airbags but not ALL sv6's come with the side airbags in the seats. mine did as it has the airbag tag on the seat.

My SV6 does have the side air bags, the covers i got accommodate them. They are ugly as from the side. Just these big flappy things that cover the side and tuck in lol.
Ill try to do them tomorrow

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I gave up looking for any tabs and started yanking the seat upwards and hey presto it came out!

Looking at the tabs underneath the seats it looks like its designed for just that.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
gave up after i relised the seat covers i got wont fit the seats.