Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing vf ss factory manifolds -o2 sensors

angelo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfssv redline S1
trying to get my exhaust manifolds off my vf ss but but having a bloody hard time getting to the o2 sensors. So I can get them out of the car. Anyone got any tips ?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
trying to get my exhaust manifolds off my vf ss but but having a bloody hard time getting to the o2 sensors. So I can get them out of the car. Anyone got any tips ?
I used Liqui Molly rapid rust loosener in the past. Worked like magic...

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Coolish engine always helps!

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
It's a bit late but old school way to get the turds out is put car up on stands start car get it to operating temp then show them a spanner and they fall out BUT watch out things are a little hot for a while,let it cool down then rip into it,works every time.The rule of expansion n contraction.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Hes talking about getting to them, not getting them out. Connectors are in a prick of a spot apparently.

I did see one of the exhaust guru's here post a tip to getting to them in one of the exhaust threads that have been in this section over the past few months. Have a bit of a search it might pop up. Think it might have been posted by "Not an abba fan" of "monstar"

angelo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfssv redline S1
Hes talking about getting to them, not getting them out. Connectors are in a prick of a spot apparently.

I did see one of the exhaust guru's here post a tip to getting to them in one of the exhaust threads that have been in this section over the past few months. Have a bit of a search it might pop up. Think it might have been posted by "Not an abba fan" of "monstar"

Yeah spot on. Found lhs connector but god knows where the rhs one is. Will have another look for the post.