Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing VT/VX door trim

K

Knux

Have any of you taken off the clothed trim in the door? Does that just pop out the back of the door?

ClothTrim.jpg

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
is that proceedure to remove the door trim the same for a vy ute??

vzsv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8
No need to remove the trim

I have replaced the rear speakers in a VX simply by removing the screw/s (can't remember how many) at the bottom of the trim and gently levering it away from the door, only at the bottom. This leaves enough space to unscrew the speaker using a stumpy no. 2 philips head screwdriver.
I did not cut the Holden speaker connector off, just spliced into the wires so I have the option of refitting the original speakers in case I sell the thing later.
My VX has electric windows so it may be necessary to remove the winder on manual wind cars.
I looked at the front doors and it looks like the same trick would also work.
Hope this helps. Steve

M

Morry

mistaken said:
3) Trick with replacing the door trim is clipping the white clip in the middle back in first, then aligning the lock rod, then then top trim that runs along the window ledge.. then the rest just pops into place.
yer after fighting the door for a while i noticed the white clip found that to be my biggest head ache outta the whole job

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
vzsv8 said:
...gently levering it away from the door, only at the bottom...

Never thought about levering the door trim forward ; I was more inclined to take it off just incase something cracked! :D

vzsv8 said:
...I did not cut the Holden speaker connector off, just spliced into the wires so I have the option of refitting the original speakers in case I sell the thing later...

I removed the two female connectors from the holden plug by inserting a small electrical screwdriver into each side of the plug and unclipping them. This way I am using the original female clips, and the two white plastic holden clips are my toolbox :thumbsup:

Julz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
HELP!

Guys,

Sorry to dig up an old thread but need some urgent help. I have broken my drivers side mirror, i have a replacement but can't get the door trim off. I am stuck with the window winder, can someone please elaborate how the rag trick works. Above it just says slide the rag down behind. If i put a rag behind the winder, how do i pop the clip off?

any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
J

R

rattattack1313

Try sawing it across behind the winder...it shold catch one end of the clip........

Julz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
rattattack1313 said:
Try sawing it across behind the winder...it shold catch one end of the clip........

thanks heaps! it worked perfectly.

PSK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais ls1
Nice tutorial I thought this might help also.....

doors__.jpg

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
How come you have to remove the mirror to get door trim off. I took mine off without taking power mirrors out?