Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing VT/VX door trim

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
2Fast2FuriousDude you need to remove the door trim to remove the mirrors, not the other way around.

Also Holden does not sell the window winder removal tool. I went to Holden and they told me No. They said some places like Repco might. They told me to side a rag behind the winder between the door and the winder and wind the handle. Took a heap of mucking around and a think rag (old tea towel, first i tried an old bed sheet but it was too thin) but i got it.

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Atomic Green w/ 20" Supersports
excellent information. I had the rod that the door handle pulls come off one of the hinges, used the instructions and made fixing the door really easy.

slidways

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz acclaim
im pretty sure u dont have to remove the door trim to replace the mirror i pulled my door trims off today and to make it easyer i took of the bits where the manual mirror adjusters would normally come out and that i could take off without removing the door trim and the bolts 4 the mirror where behind that now correct me if im wrong but all id need to do is undo the bolts unplug the mirror and dun

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
The small corner vent on the inside front of the door simply pops off. The clips shouldn't break, so give it a heave-ho if its being difficult :)

bosman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Belina S2
7.Press on the middle of door to release the door trim clip. Now carefully lift door trim remembering to disconnect any wiring connectors eg. power windows/ mirrors.

Hi, I have to pull off my door trim on Saturday on my wife VT Belina wagon as when the last time she used the window something went clank and broke and there is something loose inside the door when you swing the door back and forth. Something doesn't sound right with the electric window when you press the button for a second and to scared at the moment to see what happens as I get the feeling the window might pop out or stay stuck down. I have only let the window go down about 30-40mm.

Thanks for the instructions but I have a question regarding point 7. How much pressure do you need to release the door trim clip and when putting it back is there any advice to make sure that its connected ? How does clip look and work, do I need to twist the door trim to remove ?

Sounds like one of the control arms have broken off, has anybody had this happen before ?

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
dont need to twist it, just make sure all your screws are out, there is one that sits behind the door handle, you can only get it out when the door handle is off, make sure you dont forget it, then just pull the trim upwards

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
no worries, if you have any more problems, post here & i will try help you as my door trims are off at the moment

SLAF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
The small corner vent on the inside front of the door simply pops off. The clips shouldn't break, so give it a heave-ho if its being difficult :)

Thanks mistaken. My wife's mirror was loose and i thought it would be more difficult to tighten. Just flipped the cover and tightened the screw. Simple.