Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

renting

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Thats just what i found when looking for a house through a land agent.

I've rented 3 different houses, the current one is about 18months so far (with plans to move if i can find something closer to an exchange for the same price).

The first house i rented was a private rental, and i'll never do that again, although it was a unique situation in that the landlord was in the process of sub dividing the land to build a 2 story house for them. That wasn't a problem, but them being on the property every day was (not to mention entering the house while they thought i wasn't home....)

hsv8vq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
ok to vl v8 vic dont want to buy at the moment just doesnt feel like the right time . been with my partner 5 years 4 months been in my job for 3 years now , she has been in hers for 4 years . the baby was unexpected contracepton used contraception failed :) guess its ment to be i wouldnt have it any other way she owns her car and i own mine all paid in cash . no credit cards for either of us . I dont think we would ever fall short we have 3 savings accounts each with a good amount saved . its called a rainy day fund we each have one its enough to cover living for at least 3 months while job hunting plus we have a house account with more than that in it not that you need to know , but you asked.i think we are good candidates for a rental oh and if it got bad mummy or daddy could chip in not that i would want that lol, be the last thing i wana do is go crawling home asking for cash i work hard save smart .

going to inspect 2 places during the week hope all goes well

oh and also by not there long i mean it as in its not a 10 year thing more of a two year lease with options the goal is to have a place of our own and continue saving

Last edited:

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
A few things my wife and I do. We have all our documents(extras as well) scanned on the laptop. When looking at a place to rent if we like t we email all documents straight away and fill out the application and hand it straight to the agent. This seems to work for us. We do have 4 years of perfect history but we are both 25yrs old and have a bubs. We just about to moved interstate and the pressure was on as work starts soon. All we did was us realestate.com.au and arranged appointments before and it worked well. We were approved almost at all the houses we looked at in the 1st day.
So just keep at it, and good luck.

To the other posts rent = dead money may be true but I do enjoy all the bits I dont pay for that owners do. Alot of my mates that have homes are always saying dam hot water broken dam aircon etc etc. I have other investments working our money we have saved from not owning. I've been paying $180 p/week for our house for the last 2 years. Its really just a good option for us for now until we find where want to be which we are assuming is about 2 more years.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Actually, from a strictly financial point of view, many argue that the most financially advantageous situation is to rent a modest house and own (via the bank) several properties which you in turn rent out yourself. This is not practical for most and owning 1 house is the best they are likely to ever achieve. For many though, renting suits them fine as they like/have to move quite often or for other reasons and priorities. You just can't make blanket "renting is dead money" statements, no matter how many adds say it on tv.

Reaper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You just can't make blanket "renting is dead money" statements, no matter how many adds say it on tv.

Reaper

Well you can, good luck finding a half decent property in a major city for $180 week. Regardless of how much you pay, there are ways to setup your mortgages so you never pay a cent. I have no issue with people renting, if they think its beneficial, good on them, it helps us out, my issue is how much it would suck to be paying a mortgage when your still 45.
This is where renting is dead money, the people who bought now own the property, do not have to pay rent or mortgage and live quite comfortably, while people who said its better to rent will keep on renting...really you have to admit, renting at 55+ would not really be more beneficial then owning.