Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

repelling cats

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
You can buy a product from some pet shops that contians fox piss, keeps cats away. Dont ask me how they obtain the stuff?

The best way would be trap and take to the pound.
Between the fox piss and traps they should be gone with out to much hassle.

Cats in Australia kill 75 million animals a day!!! an almost unbelievable number right?
when you consider theirs approx 18 million feral cats alone, each killing between 5 and 15 prey/animals a day, the number is not so hard to fathom.
I funking hate cats but remember it's not the animals fualt, it's the dumb funk owner.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
You can buy a product from some pet shops that contians fox piss, keeps cats away. Dont ask me how they obtain the stuff?

The best way would be trap and take to the pound.
Between the fox piss and traps they should be gone with out to much hassle.

Cats in Australia kill 75 million animals a day!!! an almost unbelievable number right?
when you consider theirs approx 18 million feral cats alone, each killing between 5 and 15 prey/animals a day, the number is not so hard to fathom.
I funking hate cats but remember it's not the animals fualt, it's the dumb funk owner.
yep the fox thing should work, i have a fox skin at home and any house cat as soon as u get in the room with it its out of there in no time they hate it...

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Or you could build a fence/gate around the house and let the bull dog roam the whole lot?

bush_basha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS
I have this problem but it's not that bad yet but My mate has this problem aswell, they have a Fb Page with the area they are in and the owners actually believe cats are outdoor animals, that's it's cruel for them to be inside and reckons there happy to keep paying fines because they believe cats should be aloud to roam around. Funking morons. So just take them to the pound, stuff the owners if there inconsiderate about others. And if that doesn't work tyres or shotguns work well I would think, lol

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into the fox repellant. I'd rather not go with the traps. as stupid as people are for letting their animals roam, it's just easier to keep the peace with the neighbours.

we did let out bulldog out one night to chase a few away and that worked but it's not something we can do all the time.

bush_basha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS
Make flyers up about them prior to the traps at least that way you tried. The neighbours are obviously ignorant and rude so I give a crap. And it'd illegal for them to be roaming around anyway.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Temporary

Big rat traps with fish on them, they will get a snap on the face and hopefully they wont come back.

How about a motion sensing sprinkler?
Take your dog for "walks" out the front to let him mark his territory every morning and night.
Some beers & a Glove gun (the old school ones) piece of conduit and a finger off a glove, very accurate wont permanently harm the cat.

Permanent

Else mix some Tomcat II in with some really strong smelling fish and scoop the cat off your front lawn with a sand shovel the next morning they wont get more than a couple of metres before they bleed out.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Or you could build a fence/gate around the house and let the bull dog roam the whole lot?

I think this is the best solution. ^ ^

We have a similar issue with the neighbors cat, and it is one of the main reason's I want to get a dog.

I also had this surprise a few months back when I turned around while washing the car.
Ducks help wash car.jpg