Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replaced TCC PWM solenoid but still code 83

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah could be a faulty wire, especially since a previous owner has done plenty of dodgy stuff. Gonna have a look at the memcal first and report back to Delcowizzid and go from there. May have to book it in to get the trans looked at but I will rule out memcal error first. I have heard by the trans tech that the VR trans' often have issues with a part in the valve body. Not sure what part he said now but I will find out when I call him again.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Talking to the trans tech and it is 99% likely that the issue is in the valve body. I have booked it in for mid August as that's the soonest I can get it in. He said that if the issue was electrical the fault will result in a constant CEL and the car would have gone into limp mode. Apparently a component in the valve body wears and it requires reaming and a new oversize part fitted. He said most of the time people don't even know the issue has occurred unless they run a scan. That would explain why when it was scanned 9 months ago the error code was never logged. So doubt the issue is in the memcal but will still get the numbers and pop them up anyway, probably not until tomorrow though.