Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing seat belt (belt only)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
Not that I have found.
We have two here in WA, rat belt solutions will be the best option.

There’s another in Brissie
https://www.seatsafe.com.au/

To do this kind of work, it must be done by licensed businesses.

You remove the seatbelts, post them registered mail to the licensed repairer of your choice.

They post them back and you have your new colour belts all done and certified. Reinstall to the car.

It’s not a straight forward job to remove the seatbelts in a VE. You’ll be quite surprised at how much has to come out to get to them all.

Roof stays in. Front seats stay.
Ahh okay cheers have you seen anyone in other threads remove the seatbelt that I can go read up on?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
No. For what ever reason, there’s not much online about disassembling VE and VF interiors.

I’ve done one and it wasn’t fun.

Your best bet is to download the VE factory manual and that shows things step by step.

If you are not experienced with this kind of work, I’d set aside a weekend to do it.

Then post the belts. 2-3 weeks they are back and you reassemble everything.

The back will be the trickiest.
Rear seats out. C-pillar trims. Rear parcel shelf. Then unbolt the seat belts.

The front require front and rear door sill trims off. That means front footwell panels out. Then the lower trim. Then the upper trim. Then access the seatbelt fasteners.

Bag and tag fasteners at every step.
Even number the bags so you reinstall in the same order.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
No. For what ever reason, there’s not much online about disassembling VE and VF interiors.

I’ve done one and it wasn’t fun.

Your best bet is to download the VE factory manual and that shows things step by step.

If you are not experienced with this kind of work, I’d set aside a weekend to do it.

Then post the belts. 2-3 weeks they are back and you reassemble everything.

The back will be the trickiest.
Rear seats out. C-pillar trims. Rear parcel shelf. Then unbolt the seat belts.

The front require front and rear door sill trims off. That means front footwell panels out. Then the lower trim. Then the upper trim. Then access the seatbelt fasteners.

Bag and tag fasteners at every step.
Even number the bags so you reinstall in the same order.
Sweet thank you, lucky it’s a ute so only need to do 2, and I’ve got a Haynes manual somewhere will that work do you think or a genuine manual only? And when you did yours did you have the option to supply your own straps? All these places only do solid colours but the one I want put in isnt available withthem anywhere. Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You won’t find anyone to do it. You can’t supply the webbing to them because it’s not from their certified suppliers. It’s an unknown integrity to them. Your word won’t be sufficient.

Best you can do is email them and see if they can source the webbing you are after. You can’t supply it to them.

You can only have licensed seatbelt repairs done. You or an automotive trimmer can not do it.

You car becomes uninsurable in the event of an unfortunate accident. Seatbelts that are not black will be the first thing looked at or an insurer looking to save themselves money by not paying you out or doing the repairs.

Once you have a certification for the work done, it’s all fine.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
You won’t find anyone to do it. You can’t supply the webbing to them because it’s not from their certified suppliers. It’s an unknown integrity to them. Your word won’t be sufficient.

Best you can do is email them and see if they can source the webbing you are after. You can’t supply it to them.

You can only have licensed seatbelt repairs done. You or an automotive trimmer can not do it.

You car becomes uninsurable in the event of an unfortunate accident. Seatbelts that are not black will be the first thing looked at or an insurer looking to save themselves money by not paying you out or doing the repairs.

Yeah okay cheers, that’s a damn pain in the ass. Ahh well thanks for the help mate, and if you know any place that has a wider range of seatbelts to choose from let me know, ideally don’t want to choose just a solid colour you know

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute

I’ve just looked into it more and supposedly wa is the only state you’re actually allowed to use rewebbed seatbelts. The companies are allowed to sell you them but you’re actually not allowed to install them

Attachments

• IMG_3210.png
    IMG_3210.png
    292.1 KB · Views: 76

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I’ve just looked into it more and supposedly wa is the only state you’re actually allowed to use rewebbed seatbelts. The companies are allowed to sell you them but you’re actually not allowed to install them
That is what I was getting at in my post about car seat belts.

Where I worked was CASA approved, Jetstar approved, Qantas approved, Holden/Falcon not approved.
I made up my own belts for my HQ, because they were basic, and no NSW yearly inspection noticed.
Too technical now with pretensioners etc.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
That is what I was getting at in my post about car seat belts.

Where I worked was CASA approved, Jetstar approved, Qantas approved, Holden/Falcon not approved.
I made up my own belts for my HQ, because they were basic, and no NSW yearly inspection noticed.
Too technical now with pretensioners etc.
How did you go if you ever got pulled over? I’m still think about just getting everything done legit and then just actually installing it(which seems to be the only illegal part haha) just curious how cops and insurance would go about it

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
How did you go if you ever got pulled over? I’m still think about just getting everything done legit and then just actually installing it(which seems to be the only illegal part haha) just curious how cops and insurance would go about it
The ADRs relating to HQ seat belts, and the non-complexity of them would not have been a problem.
I had every confidence in their integrity, using aviation certified webbing and computer driven stitch patterns. The HQ body structural integrity would have been of more concern in a big oops.
A roadside cop check would have been excited about my welded 2 piece 8" GTS rims.

Credit to you for checking out the legalities of this subject. A lot of others would probably call BS to what has been written in this thread, then do it because their mate's uncle, who is an old time cattle drover, said it was OK.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
The ADRs relating to HQ seat belts, and the non-complexity of them would not have been a problem.
I had every confidence in their integrity, using aviation certified webbing and computer driven stitch patterns. The HQ body structural integrity would have been of more concern in a big oops.
A roadside cop check would have been excited about my welded 2 piece 8" GTS rims.

Credit to you for checking out the legalities of this subject. A lot of others would probably call BS to what has been written in this thread, then do it because their mate's uncle, who is an old time cattle drover, said it was OK.
Haha definitely, just a pain that the only place you can do it is wa. My biggest worry I think is insurance denying something else over the seatbelts if I have an oopsie